• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Clone a website

llucas

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
Debian 11.9
Plesk version and microupdate number
Plesk Obsidian v18.0.59_build1800240229.10 os_Debian 11.0
Hello

I've been using PLESK for more than a month and the truth is that I'm loving how it works. We bought the WP TOOLKIT plugin because we are a Foundation.

Do you recommend any specific ones that you see as interesting to have, even if you have to buy it?

I have my PLESK server that I want to clone in order to test, a new version of PHP version 8.3 and also other plugin updates that I don't know if they will work on that version of PHP.

Once cloned, I understand that the cloned site can be tested little by little with plugins based on a new PHP.

Is there any recommendation that needs to be made apart from the backup that I already have.

Thank you for your help, always
Luis

I am having a bit of trouble understand your post. But I try to answer your questions best a can with the limited information provided.

I've been using PLESK for more than a month and the truth is that I'm loving how it works. We bought the WP TOOLKIT plugin because we are a Foundation.

Do you recommend any specific ones that you see as interesting to have, even if you have to buy it?
Do you mean any additional Plesk extensions? I suggest browsing trough Plesk extensions catalog here and see if you can find any extensions that are useful to your needs and setup.

I have my PLESK server that I want to clone in order to test, a new version of PHP version 8.3 and also other plugin updates that I don't know if they will work on that version of PHP.
Do want to clone (copy) your website or do you want to clone your whole server?

Is there any recommendation that needs to be made apart from the backup that I already have.
It always a good practice to make backup if you're working on, or updating a website.

I am having a bit of trouble understand your post. But I try to answer your questions best a can with the limited information provided.

Do you mean any additional Plesk extensions? I suggest browsing trough Plesk extensions catalog here and see if you can find any extensions that are useful to your needs and setup.

Do want to clone (copy) your website or do you want to clone your whole server?

It always a good practice to make backup if you're working on, or updating a website.
Opps forgive me, if I think I explained myself wrong.

I intend to clone two websites. NOT THE SERVER.

I do have copies of the websites at all times.

Sorry for the inconvenience and not being clear. Thank you!!
Luis

Back