• Please be aware: Kaspersky Anti-Virus has been deprecated
    With the upgrade to Plesk Obsidian 18.0.64, "Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Servers" will be automatically removed from the servers it is installed on. We recommend that you migrate to Sophos Anti-Virus for Servers.
  • The Horde webmail has been deprecated. Its complete removal is scheduled for April 2025. For details and recommended actions, see the Feature and Deprecation Plan.

Issue Command Line Utilities: Cannot set ACL for MySQL User?

adamsargant

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
Windows Server 2022 Datacenter 21H2
Plesk version and microupdate number
18.0.63 #4
I'm trying to create a bash script to update the ACL on every MySQL db user. I have tested the command I'm running on the command line direct

Code:
plesk bin database -u dbname -update_user dbuser -set-acl xx.xx.xxx.xx,xx.xx.xxx.xx,xx.xx.xxx.xx,xx.xx.xxx.xx

(I have also tried this with just one IP)

I am getting the response message "SUCCESS: Update db user 'dbuser' in database 'dbname' completed." but this is not reflected in the Access Control section of the DB User management screen, which still reads "Allow remote connections from any host"

I'm using MariaDB v10.11.8. Instructions like

Code:
plesk bin database --create dbname -domain targetdomain -type mysql

work just fine

Any help would be humbly and gratefully received

Pretty sure what you're looking for is -allow-access-from 69.69.69.69 if you're wanting to limit the connection from specific hosts. Give that a try and see what happens.

I specifically want to set the ACL in order to control access on a db user level. Going by database.exe: Databases , my understanding was that -allow-access-from operates on a database level on SQL Server databases via firewall rules, while I'm using MySQL and want to set the users MySQL access control list

I did try it though and no joy :)

Back