• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Completing migration from one server to another server

Feruz

Basic Pleskian
Server operating system version
AlmaLinux 8.9
Plesk version and microupdate number
Plesk Obsidian 18.0.57.1
Hello everyone,

I am contacting you regarding the migration of all my data (websites, emails, domains and data) with the Plesk Migrator extension from my old server to my new server.

Indeed, after the migration I checked on the DNS Checker site and I see that the IP address of my new server is propagated on all my data (websites, emails, domains and databases), but the problem is all my data ( websites, emails, domains and databases) on my new server are not disconnected from my old server and I can access at the same time one of my sites with my old server and at the same time with my new server, how I can solve this problem so that all my data will be operational only with my new server ?

Thanks for your answer.

Hello,

Thanks for your answer.

Indeed, I have access to all my data (websites, emails, domains and databases) from my new server, now can I delete all my data (websites, emails, domains and databases) ) from my old server and all my data from my new server will be lost if I delete them ?

Thanks for your answer.

Once the Migration Tool complete the task, There is no connection between the new server and old server.

On the new server, You can click on the "Finish Migration"

(It would be a good idea to take a full server backup and save it locally from the old server before deletion.)

Hello,

The problem was resolved and I was able to migrate all my data to my new server.

Again, thank you for your answer and for your support.

Back