• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Core dump files in /etc/rc.d/init.d/

ColtC

New Pleskian
I am constantly getting core dump files in /etc/rc.d/init.d/, there is around 1 a minute.

When I try to debug the file with gdb it says: Core was generated by `/usr/sbin/pop3login /usr/lib/courier-imap/authlib/authpsa /usr/bin/pop3d Maildi'a /usr/bin/pop3d Maildi'.

When I try to debug using one of those executables it tells me: warning: no loadable sections found in added symbol-file system-supplied DSO at 0x7fffb614f000
Core was generated by `/usr/sbin/pop3login /usr/lib/courier-imap/authlib/authpsa /usr/bin/pop3d Maildi'.
Program terminated with signal 11, Segmentation fault.
#0 0x00007fd3cbf7ab51 in __strlen_sse2 () from /lib64/libc.so.6
Missing separate debuginfos, use: debuginfo-install psa-courier-imap-3.0.8-cos6.build110120606.19.x86_64

I am unable to install this debuginfo, how can I determine what is causing these core dumps?

|| technical response. Excellent work || team.

As I read through the core dump that you have mentioned, I found the issue is with the
"psa-courier-imap-3.0.8-cos6.build110120606.19.x86_64". So I tried to check further and saw that the rpm build was corrupted. I rebuilt the RPM database to make sure that the packages are listing fine now. Probably the issue was due to the reason that the rpm package was not detected properly. Please have a check further and let me know if you need any further assistance.

Back