• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

DB WebAdmin & phpMyAdmin

D

dac9

Hey Guys,

I'm running Plesk 8.2.1 on RHEL 5.

I have exported a .sql file and I am importing this file into a DB on my new server. im using the DB WebAdmin tools that basically opens a restricted phpMyAdmin window.

When I import the .sql file into a DB using the WebAdmin phpMyAdmin I recieve the following error:

"MySQL said:
#1044 - Access denied for user 'snuck'@'%' to database 'phpbb'"

How can I be an admin user for this... I thought i was... I dont know how to open the full PHP my Admin... is it possible with an installation of Plesk?

I look forward to your responses...

Originally posted by dac9
Hey Guys,

I'm running Plesk 8.2.1 on RHEL 5.

I have exported a .sql file and I am importing this file into a DB on my new server. im using the DB WebAdmin tools that basically opens a restricted phpMyAdmin window.

When I import the .sql file into a DB using the WebAdmin phpMyAdmin I recieve the following error:

"MySQL said:
#1044 - Access denied for user 'snuck'@'%' to database 'phpbb'"

How can I be an admin user for this... I thought i was... I dont know how to open the full PHP my Admin... is it possible with an installation of Plesk?

I look forward to your responses...

Plesk works with privileges of MySQL user you start DB WebAdmin from, I guess it is 'snuck' in the error.
The user does not have access to database 'phpbb' you are importing.

./anb

Fix this issue

You don't have permissions to create new tables - this could be that your provider limits the qty of databases you can have.

There is a way round it......I'm posting this because even though it's years after the initial post, there are still lots of views.

Use the plesk control panel to create your database name - the same as your 'export' - e.g. 'mydb'. Then ensure you add a user. Use the link to get to phpmyadmin. You'll see that you're logged into the database you created. Select 'import'.

Before you select and upload you file, open it in wordpad, notepad ++ or some text editor. At about line 21 there are two lines:

CREATE DATABASE `mydb` DEFAULT CHARACTER SET latin1 COLLATE latin1_swedish_ci;
USE `mydb`;

Line 1 creates the database. Line 2 instructs MYSQL that each subsequent statement uses the 'mydb' database.
Simply comment out the CREATE DATABASE line by adding '--' at the start:

--CREATE DATABASE `mydb` DEFAULT CHARACTER SET latin1 COLLATE latin1_swedish_ci;

Save and upload the script using the impot button. The 'access denied' error won't occur because you're not trying to create the database, everything will import as normal. This works fine for restoring drupal databases.

Back