• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Debian 12 upgrade not completed. Whats next?

Polli

Basic Pleskian
Server operating system version
Debian 11
Plesk version and microupdate number
18.0.58#1
Hi

During my OS upgrade from Debian 11 to Debian 12 the server did not came back after reboot. This issue is now solved by my provider. All Websites back online and working.
But the upgrade is still unfinished. How can I see what to do next? I´m not such a genius with Linux. The upgrade procedure was stopped at step 16 from this tutorial: https://support.plesk.com/hc/en-us/...upgrade-procedure-on-Linux-server-with-Plesk- (followed the manual upgrade for Debian 11 to debian 12). Can I just start from there (Step 17)? Or do I need to check some logs first? Do I maybe have to repeat some previous steps? I´m really confused and dont want to break something. I´m glad that my websites are back and running. Currently I´m downloading backups.

Can someone help me what I need to do to finish the upgrade?

Upgrade log see link (to much letters for direct posting)

Thanks in advance and best regards
Polli

Sorry for posting again. Is there anyone who may help me with this please?

Thank you in advance

Not on 11 to 12 but I had the same problem at my first try of 10 to 11.

I did a misstake in not correct overrride /etc/apt/sources.list Step 9 correctly and not doing Step 1. Broke my server.
After rebuilt with snapshot and doning right it worked. Mixing bullseye and bookworm so not work.

My sources.list was exaktly edited as in the tutorial mentioned.

I did the upgrade from 10 to 11 last year without any issues.

If someone can just take a look at the logs I postet, and maybe can see what steps I need to do to finish the upgrade.
If there is more information neccessary, please let me know.

Thanks to all

To wrap this up. I was able to get the server up and running again. Two errors had occurred during the upgrade. On the one hand there were errors when switching from systemd and on the other hand the raid had to be fixed in the recovery with fsck. The bootup is now still systemd instead of sysvinit. My provider has again supported me very well in solving the problem.

Back