• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Please beaware of a breaking change in the REST API on the current Plesk release (18.0.62).
    Starting from Plesk Obsidian 18.0.62, requests to REST API containing the Content-Type header with a media-type directive other than “application/json” will result in the HTTP “415 Unsupported Media Type” client error response code. Read more here

Question DKIM Selector "not found" issue.... why?

Kwasi

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
windows Server 2019
Plesk version and microupdate number
I'm having DKIM issues.
I see a "dkim=perm_fail" in email headers on an email sent to a yahoo account.
Gmail will not allow any emails to arrive saying it needs SPF and DKIM to be successful.

SPF is a-aok and yahoo email acknowledges that.

I create a selector in Plesk (Windows Obsidian 18.0.61 version btw)
Add the required records over at Sucuri in the DNS from the popup within Plesk
but DKIM fails.

using the default MailEnable setup within Plesk

if I use some of the DKIM validator websites, when I enter the "selector" I get "No DKIM records found" but they are there... I'm looking at them now in my Sucuri Dashboard.

Made a support request at Sucuri regarding it but they need to escalate it to a higher up engineer so I'm waiting on that.

So....
Any thoughts on what might be wrong?

OK, so I went to whatsmydns . net and looked for all txt records, and the DKIM one did NOT show up at all, so that's probably my real issue...but then why not?

According to my Plesk Email settings and the popup that appears if using external DNS:

==========
To enable DKIM signing if you use an external DNS server, you need to configure DKIM DNS records on the DNS server yourself.

To do so, use the DKIM DNS records below:
  • RSSS1._domainkey.rsss.ch. IN TXT "v=DKIM1; p=MIIBIjAN etc.... ;"
  • _domainkey.rsss.ch. IN TXT "o=-
A few people I chatted with suggested that 2nd _domainkey..... entry isn't really needed.

So if I'm following the Plesk docs correctly, why no DKIM TXT record showing?

OK, so I went to whatsmydns . net and looked for all txt records, and the DKIM one did NOT show up at all, so that's probably my real issue...but then why not?
If I understand correctly your using an external DNS provider, right? Did you add the DKIM record there? If you did, but it doesn't show up, it a question best directed at them.

A few people I chatted with suggested that 2nd _domainkey..... entry isn't really needed.
That would depend on the DKIM key length supported by the the DNS application OR DNS provider. Some have a limit on the number of charters that can be used on the DNS value, necessitating a split of the DKIM key into two DNS records. However most up-to-date DNS applications and providers support the full DKIM key length.

Back