• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

DNS / IP Issue

Matt_Seaton

New Pleskian
Hi there,

A client of ours has run into issues when configuring a new site onto a new dedicated IP on their server. I wonder if anyone can shed any light on this - I'm sure it's something very simple, however I am not well versed in Plesk so can't seem to find the fault myself. Any assistance is much appreciated.

The client has setup a new domain and site on the server, and then assigned this to the new dedicated IP address. The relevant changes have been made with the domain registrar, and the domain now points to this dedicated IP on the server.

The problem is that when you enter the domain into a browser, instead of taking you to examplesite.co.uk, it actually then resolves in the browser as mainserver.co.uk/examplesite (this is just one site of many on this main server, and the first to be placed on a dedicated IP). How can we make sure that it resolves correctly (to its own domain)? Like I say I'm sure this is something very simple, however I am not to sure where to be looking for the problem.

When you enter the dedicated IP into a browser, you are simply presented with the default Plesk holding page.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Matt.

The client has subsequently resolved this issue. It had been overlooked that the .htaccess file for this site contained redirection rules.

Back