• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

DNS Problem after installing Unity Mobile

E

EdwardDekker

Can some one reproduce/check this issue at the forum.

When I creating a mobile site to m.domain.tld.
The DNS of that domain conflicts to show the mobile site and do not show up, instead the default domain will be displayed.

Also have I added some code to .htaccess for redirecting:
Code:
RewriteEngine on

RewriteCond %{HTTP:X-WAP-PROFILE} !^$ [OR]
RewriteCond %{HTTP:PROFILE} !^$ [OR]

RewriteCond %{HTTP_USER_AGENT} ^.*(Alcatel|Asus|Android|BlackBerry|Ericsson|Fly|Huawei|i-mate|iPAQ|iPhone|iPod|LG-|LGE-|MDS_|MOT-|Nokia|Opera\s+Mini|Opera\s+Mobi|Palm|Panasonic|Pantech|Philips|Sagem|Samsung|Sharp|SIE-|Symbian|Vodafone|Voxtel|WebOS|Windows\s+CE|Windows\s+Phone|ZTE-).*$ [NC,OR]

RewriteCond %{HTTP_ACCEPT} application/vnd.wap.xhtml\+xml [NC,OR]
RewriteCond %{HTTP_ACCEPT} text/vnd.wap.wml [NC]

# redirecting to the mobile page

RewriteRule ^/(.*) http://m.edwarddekkerhosting.nl// [L,R]
[code]

I have posted also some pictures around of this problem.

Attachments

• wrong dns setting.png
    wrong dns setting.png
    22.5 KB · Views: 9
  • Wrong DNS settings 2.png
    Wrong DNS settings 2.png
    22.9 KB · Views: 7
Last edited by a moderator:
Edward,

The domain m.edwarddekkerhosting.nl is set as valid target in UNITY Mobile platform. There is something wrong in your DNS settings. It should contain a line like:

m.edwarddekkerhosting.nl. CNAME getunity.com.

DNS Settings for Unity Mobile

Hi,

I have found the problem, where I have to create a DNS record (m.edwarddekkerhosting.nl) at my service provider to activate unity mobile domain. The real DNS record goes at my service provider and not a Plesk where I'll have registered the sub-domain.

But now i asking how to it comes that my plesk installation will gives a wrong or good signal to my DNS Settings (see also picture 1) "DNS zone management is turned off", and when i take a look inside my settings (see also picture 2) looks anything fine.

Is there a procedure to correct this message and that the DNS settings will be correct showing my domain.

Now I remember I have last days reset my installation to recover the domains but into this time also rebooted the system after 18 hours restoring when the image was not ready (looks like that the recovery of my server comes to a hold).

It seems to me that Plesk integration with Unity doesn't treat well this case - DNS records not controlled by Plesk. I'll forward this issue to my counterparts in Parallels - I know the Unity Mobile side.

I'm glad to see that mobile domain works now. Thanks.

Which unity do you use?

Could you provide the following info:
1. which version of Plesk do you use?
2. did you install UnityMobile as APS application, or just buy add-on Plesk license, which enabled UnityMobile functionality?

Steps to activate Unity mobile

I use Mobile Unity from Plesk 10.4.4 as add-on licence.
---------------------------------------------------------------------

Unity Mobile activation sequence.

1. Activate new Unity Mobile from your Plesk Panel (Domains --> Manage Hosting --> Websites and domains --> Unity Mobile)
2. Set your configuration at Unity Mobile.
3. Publish Unity Mobile website.
4. Check your DNS records at your domain from Plesk Panel
5. Check Unity Mobile domain at URL (m.yourdomain.com)
6. No Unity Mobile website??, Go to your Service Provider and add manually a new CNAME record to your domain.
7. Unity Mobile site should now be activated within 24 hours. (Most of the time within 1 hours, it depends on how quick your service provider updates your DNS records).

How did you activate Unity Mobile in Plesk?
Did you installed some APS application?

Activation

I activate Unity Mobile into Plesk with the default Plesk Licence, not with a APS apps.

Back