• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Domain Alias and Mail Enable Problem

mmc501

New Pleskian
I have domain: olddomain.com and they are rebranding to rebrandeddomain.com
So in the plesk control panel I have simply set up an alias for the new domain and that all picks up on and website is fine.
I set it simply for Web, and disabled Mail and DNS

With the new domain efpgyms.com they have set up their email with Google Apps.
There is a problem trying to send to that domain from the old account.
I simply want to redirect the email accounts [email protected] to [email protected]

But there is an error message:

MailEnable: Message delivery has been delayed.

Message is waiting at home for delivery to mail.rebrandeddomain.com.

The message will be retried for another 29 hours.

Reason: Mail Server for rebrandeddomain.com could not be contacted at this time. MailEnable will keep trying to deliver this message and will notify you of any progress.

Message headers follow:

Received: from localhost ([127.0.0.1]) by home with MailEnable ESMTP; Wed, 10 Apr 2013 11:32:59 +0100
Received: from 86.138.85.23 ([86.138.85.23]) by
webmail.olddomain.com (Horde MIME library) with HTTP; Wed,
10 Apr 2013 11:32:59 +0100
Message-ID: <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2013 11:32:59 +0100
To: [email protected]
Subject: Test 1
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain;
charset=ISO-8859-1;
DelSp="Yes";
format="flowed"
Content-Disposition: inline
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
User-Agent: Internet Messaging Program (IMP) H3 (4.1.6)

why is this? Is it because the domain is set up as an alias and trying to send their first?
Is there a resolution to this?

This is a known issue which is mentioned in the mailenable forums. This error occurs when the DNS server for the mailenable SMTP is configured incorrectly. You can check the DNS resolution by running the Mailenable Diagnostic utility and found that the DNS resolution fails.

Kindly refer the below mentioned Mailenable forum for more information on the issue.
http://forum.mailenable.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=22588

I found a different workaround.
When I added the domain alias it set up the dns records for that domain which were set as if the email was hosted on that server.
I changed those dns mx settings for the rebrand domain to match the Google Apps Email account.

thanks

Back