• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Domain name does not resolve to the server IP

novation

New Pleskian
Hello my fellow Plesk users!

am trying to install Plesk within an internal network (with 172.x.x.x) that is behind NAT. So when i try to create the new domain and website it gives me at the end the following warning:

Your website is offline because its domain name does not resolve to the server IP address.
To put your website online, update DNS settings on the side of your domain registrar or external DNS provider.

The odd thing is that the website is actually online and i can access it fine. However i still have this warning and the DNS settings test show from within PLESK that indeed my A/MX records are pointing to my public IP. However Plesk is installed within a close environment and the only option when i create the new domain/website is to use the internal IP which i think is normal. On my firewall i am doing any outgoing traffic NAT to translate the internal IP of the server to my public IP.

Is this normal?
Will it cause problems with emails and certificate?

How can i resolve this?

Any assistance much appreciated!!!

Hello again my fellows :)

after being frustrated for 2 days now i stopped working on the above issue and started to look in another issue with passive FTP nor Active working that actually resolved what i've reported before.

Under Tools & Settings > IP Address i added my external IP under the local IP and the DNS warning is resolved :) :)

So you can close this case but just wanted to give also some feedback to the community :)

Now time to beat that bloody FTP .....

Back