• Please be aware: Kaspersky Anti-Virus has been deprecated
    With the upgrade to Plesk Obsidian 18.0.64, "Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Servers" will be automatically removed from the servers it is installed on. We recommend that you migrate to Sophos Anti-Virus for Servers.
  • The Horde webmail has been deprecated. Its complete removal is scheduled for April 2025. For details and recommended actions, see the Feature and Deprecation Plan.

Issue Email forwarding not working

SwapnilElpass

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
Linux
Plesk version and microupdate number
Plesk Obsidian
I created a new email address for my domain. I am getting emails on that email id but it is not forwarding to my Gmail id. I enabled email forwarding as well but still, it is not forwarding. What could be the issue? I check the logs also, but can't find anything.

Could you post one full log sequence from the incoming mail to the outgoing one to Gmail? (With anonymized domain and ip)

Hey @Peter Debik I'm having the same issue for months but didn't really care much, but now I want help too. Can you tell me where to get the full log sequence?

If I'm not wrong is it the /var/log/maillog

Yes, /var/log/maillog (or /var/log/mail.log, depending on your OS). Simply send a mail, then check the entries in that log to see what the server did with the mail.

The web application firewall has nothing to do with your problem.
Plesk does also not block outgoing ports (and surely not 25), so I assume that your hosting provider does block it.

Most likely it's their default policy to prevent spam outbreaks from poorly maintained servers in their network.
In that case they either open that port for you, if you request it and tell them you need that for your mailserver, or they provide a relay/smart host you need to use. (in that case you would need to adjust the relayhost parameter in /etc/postfix/main.cf)

Thanks for helping @ChristophRo. So I can assume that Vultr is doing it, let me talk with them and see what they say... Thanks again, also anything to change from my DNS provider - Namecheap?

Hey @ChristophRo thanks for helping again. It came out that Vultr blocks port 25, and I've asked them to unblock it. Thankfully, they have enabled a support ticket just for this -

Screenshot 2022-11-17 at 3.40.50 AM.png

Screenshot 2022-11-17 at 3.41.03 AM.png

Back