• Please be aware: Kaspersky Anti-Virus has been deprecated
    With the upgrade to Plesk Obsidian 18.0.64, "Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Servers" will be automatically removed from the servers it is installed on. We recommend that you migrate to Sophos Anti-Virus for Servers.
  • The Horde webmail has been deprecated. Its complete removal is scheduled for April 2025. For details and recommended actions, see the Feature and Deprecation Plan.

Issue Error changing from litespeed to apache

SalvadorS

Regular Pleskian
Server operating system version
Debian 10
Plesk version and microupdate number
Hello,

I am trying to change a server from litespeed to apache but I have an error when I do it:

root@server:/home/server# /usr/local/lsws/admin/misc/cp_switch_ws.sh apache

Detected Plesk Environment

Synchronizing state of apache2.service with SysV service script with /lib/systemd/systemd-sysv-install.

Executing: /lib/systemd/systemd-sysv-install enable apache2

/usr/local/lsws/admin/misc/cp_switch_ws.sh: line 346: [: -eq: unary operator expected

Job for apache2.service failed because the control process exited with error code.

See "systemctl status apache2.service" and "journalctl -xe" for details.

[ERROR] Apache is not up within 30 secs. Please check the log file.

root@server:/home/server# systemctl status apache2.service

apache2.service - The Apache HTTP Server

Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/apache2.service; enabled; vendor preset: enabled)

Active: failed (Result: exit-code) since Thu 2024-06-06 18:27:21 CEST; 39s ago

Docs: Apache HTTP Server Version 2.4 Documentation - Apache HTTP Server Version 2.4

Process: 1547 ExecStart=/usr/sbin/apachectl start (code=exited, status=1/FAILURE)

jun 06 18:27:21 dv51.digival.org systemd[1]: Starting The Apache HTTP Server...

jun 06 18:27:21 dv51.digival.org apachectl[1547]: apache2: Syntax error on line 146 of /etc/apache2/apache2.conf: Syntax error on line 1 of /etc/apache2/mods-enabled/autoindex.load: Cannot load /usr/lib/apache2/modules/mod_autoindex.so into server: /usr/lib/apache2/modules/mod_autoindex.so: undefined symbol: ap_norma

jun 06 18:27:21 dv51.digival.org apachectl[1547]: Action 'start' failed.

jun 06 18:27:21 dv51.digival.org apachectl[1547]: The Apache error log may have more information.

jun 06 18:27:21 dv51.digival.org systemd[1]: apache2.service: Control process exited, code=exited, status=1/FAILURE

jun 06 18:27:21 dv51.digival.org systemd[1]: apache2.service: Failed with result 'exit-code'.

jun 06 18:27:21 dv51.digival.org systemd[1]: Failed to start The Apache HTTP Server.

Line 146 (in the middle):

# Include module configuration:
IncludeOptional mods-enabled/*.load
IncludeOptional mods-enabled/*.conf

If I went back it worked again but under litespeed...

root@server:/home/server# /usr/local/lsws/admin/misc/cp_switch_ws.sh lsws

Any ideas?

Unfortunately I could find very little information in the error you are getting. Since the Litespeed extensions is offered by Litespeed Technologies, I suggest to contact their support for help on the issue.

Line 146 (in the middle):
Please read the error message fully. Line 146 loads /etc/apache2/mods-enabled/autoindex.load and complains about line 1 there, which loads /usr/lib/apache2/modules/mod_autoindex.so. Apparently your apache packages are inconsistent. Post the output of dpkg -l|grep apache.

Back