• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Please beaware of a breaking change in the REST API on the current Plesk release (18.0.62).
    Starting from Plesk Obsidian 18.0.62, requests to REST API containing the Content-Type header with a media-type directive other than “application/json” will result in the HTTP “415 Unsupported Media Type” client error response code. Read more here

Failed to open sendmail [/usr/sbin/sendmail] for execution.

F

freedominternet

Hi!

Having been using Plesk for a while and recently upgraded from 8.3 to 9 at the begining of January. Everything works fine so far that I can tell except I have users getting the following error when trying to send mail via Horde Web Mail.

There was an error sending your message: Failed to open sendmail [/usr/sbin/sendmail] for execution.

If anyone knows how to solve this issue quickly and easily, please let me know as it is a major problem for users who rely on the webmail system constantly. Prior to the upgrade, this was not a problem.

Thanks for the suggestions but I believe I have managed to fix it while shooting myself in the head at the same time (figuratively speaking). It seems in the process of trying to find an alternative and installing Atmail (not that I got it working and I'm happy to leave it disabled), I inadvertantly upgraded to PHP 5.2.2. This obviously caused me a few dramas until I realised what had happened and what needed to take place. All our websites that made a call the MySQL server went offline.

We rebooted the server to activate PHP 5.2.2 which brought all of the websites back to life. We then retested the issue in Horde Webmail and found that the problem had been fixed.

Could it be that Horde Webmail requires PHP 5 to operate properly? I certainly don't recall it having any requirements being displayed like Atmail does.

Now all I have to do is fix the problems caused by PHP 5.2.2 being installed. Fortunately I don't think there are too many of these.

Back