• Please be aware: Kaspersky Anti-Virus has been deprecated
    With the upgrade to Plesk Obsidian 18.0.64, "Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Servers" will be automatically removed from the servers it is installed on. We recommend that you migrate to Sophos Anti-Virus for Servers.
  • The Horde webmail has been deprecated. Its complete removal is scheduled for April 2025. For details and recommended actions, see the Feature and Deprecation Plan.

Issue Folder created with fs.mkdirSync() has root as group owner, can't delete it via Plesk

denemeaa

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
Ubuntu 22.04
Plesk version and microupdate number
I'm using the following Node.js code to create a folder:

The folder is created successfully, but I noticed that it has the group owner set to root. Because of this, I'm unable to delete the folder via Plesk. When I create the folder using PHP, everything works as expected. The folder can be deleted via Plesk without any issues. However, when I create the folder using Node.js, I can't delete it from Plesk.

Why is the folder created with Node.js being owned by root group? How can I make sure the folder created with Node.js has the correct permissions and ownership so that it can be managed via Plesk? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

JavaScript:
const fs = require('fs');
const path = require('path');

// Create a folder named 'hello_nodejs'
const folderPath = path.join(__dirname, 'hello_nodejs');

if (!fs.existsSync(folderPath)) {
    fs.mkdirSync(folderPath);
    console.log('Folder successfully created.');
} else {
    console.log('Folder already exists.');
}

To compare, I wrote the same functionality in PHP: