• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue FTP not working

novation

New Pleskian
Hi guys,

having still issues with proftpd installed on my Plesk. I did a fresh install of proftpd as i saw that the process was not even listed and installed.

Still now i cannot connect. Checked the logs at /var/logs/messages and noticed that it reported SElinux is preventing in.proftpd from open access on the file /var/log/plesk/xfer.log.

Just for testing i disabled SElinux and still didnt connect.

Checked the /etc/proftdd.d and i have also the relevant ports open.

on my ftp client i still see
Status: Connection established, waiting for welcome message...

and it fails...

Any ideas?

This is a new setup and have similar systems behind the firewall and all FTP work fine.

Is it something to do with Plesk and Centos 8?

Any advise much appreciated!

ok so i've managed to get it working but i have done a number of things.

1) disabled SElinux (havent retested with open it but will report back)
2) checked lsmod | grep conntrack_ftp nothing was there
3) tried to load
echo nf_nat_ftp >> /etc/modules-load.d/modules.conf
echo nf_conntrack_ftp >> /etc/modules-load.d/modules.conf
4) rechecked and still nothing there .....

5) checked SSL/TLS certificate at Tools & Settings > IP Addresses > click on IP but no IP option there

6) then under Tools & Settings > Security Policy i only enabled non secure access and it worked.

So question guys is this behaviour normal if i dont have a certificate???

if not please do advise

BTW is should get a reward for a newbie doing all this research :)

Hello again,

i ended up again with the same issue, Retrieving Directory Listing.... and error.

Nothing has been changed, neither from side of Plesk, Lunix or Firewall. I checked logs again and i dont see anything suspicious.

Any hints / advise???

When it fails after the "Retrieving directory listing ..." it is very likely a missing passive ports entry in the firewall as described in

Thanks for the update. the passive ports are working. However i did managed to fix the issue. I had setup my firewall to proxy the traffic and it broke the handshake on ftp, so i just created a new rule and turned it to flow based that basically allows it through.

Back