• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Having a problem accessing perl on a website

• Thread starter Deleted member 174786
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 174786

I have an video hosting script and when I try to upload something, I am getting this message:

ERROR: Failed to load default config file uu_default_config.pm

I checked the logs and I have this:

GET /cgi-bin/uu_ini_status.pl?tmp_sid=49a4b659e0309f94f7dc085e17f5c29d&rnd_id=0.4162756887393788 HTTP/1.0

Can't locate uu_lib.pl in @INC (@INC contains: /etc/perl /usr/local/lib/perl/5.18.2 /usr/local/share/perl/5.18.2 /usr/lib/perl5 /usr/share/perl5 /usr/lib/perl/5.18 /usr/share/perl/5.18 /usr/local/lib/site_perl . /etc/apache2) at /var/www/vhosts/xxxx/xxxx/cgi-bin/uu_ini_status.pl line 30.\n

POST /cgi-bin/uu_upload.pl?tmp_sid=49a4b659e0309f94f7dc085e17f5c29d HTTP/1.0

Can't locate uu_lib.pl in @INC (@INC contains: /etc/perl /usr/local/lib/perl/5.18.2 /usr/local/share/perl/5.18.2 /usr/lib/perl5 /usr/share/perl5 /usr/lib/perl/5.18 /usr/share/perl/5.18 /usr/local/lib/site_perl . /etc/apache2) at /var/www/vhosts/xxxx/xxxx/cgi-bin/uu_upload.pl line 53.\n

I checked with the people who created the script and they said this:

As we mentioned previously your server still gives a 500 internal server error when accessing the files:
http://xxxx/cgi-bin/configs/uu_default_config.pm?tmp_sid=49a4b659e0309f94f7dc085e17f5c29d
http://xxxxx/cgi-bin/uu_upload.pl?tmp_sid=0c4c3dabbe2f50f88ebe30b1a4902308

That is a server issue, so you need to have your server administrator fix that issue, or move to a server that is working properly.

The file your server says it cannot locate (uu_lib.pl) is indeed in the same cgi-bin folder, the path to it is correct and the path to perl is correct.

So your server should not be giving any 500 internal server as there is no file missing.

So your server administrator has to check why the server is giving a 500 internal server and saying a file is missing when it exists.

This is the layout of the of the site of the files in question:

/cgi-bin/configs/uu_default_config.pm
/cgi-bin/uu_ini_status.pl
/cgi-bin/uu_lib.pl
/cgi-bin/uu_upload.pl

I looked for perl and this is what I found:

$ which perl
/usr/bin/perl

Any suggestions how I fix this?

Hi techguyal,

not PERL is your root cause, but rather "mod_rewrite", missing nginx directives ( when you use apache AND nginx on your domain/subdomain ), incorrect ".htaccess" - files or file permission issues. In some cases, access to files can also being blocked by ModSecurity, or SuExec for example.

This is the .htaccess that was included:

<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
RewriteEngine On
RewriteRule ^browse/videos/(.*)/(.*)/(.*)/(.*) /videos.php?sortby=$1&filter=$2&page=$3&title=$4
RewriteRule ^browse/videoseries/(.*)/(.*)/(.*)/(.*) /videoseries.php?sortby=$1&filter=$2&page=$3&title=$4
RewriteRule ^browse/channels/(.*)/(.*)/(.*)/(.*) /channels.php?sortby=$1&filter=$2&page=$3&title=$4
RewriteRule ^browse/members/(.*)/(.*)/(.*)/(.*) /members.php?sortby=$1&filter=$2&page=$3&title=$4
RewriteRule ^search/(.*)/(.*)/(.*)/(.*) /search.php?searchfor=$1&sortby=$2&page=$3&searchterm=$4
RewriteRule ^browse/categories/videos/(.*)/(.*)/(.*)/(.*) /categoryvideos.php?sortby=$1&filter=$2&page=$3&title=$4
RewriteRule ^browse/categories/channels/(.*)/(.*)/(.*)/(.*) /categorychannels.php?sortby=$1&filter=$2&page=$3&title=$4
RewriteRule ^videos/(.*)/(.*) /playvideo.php?videoid=$1&title=$2
RewriteRule ^channel/(.*) /channeldetails.php?key=$1
RewriteRule ^confirmemail/(.*) /confirmemail.php?code=$1
RewriteRule ^resetpassword/(.*) /resetpassword.php?code=$1
RewriteRule ^resendconfirmation/(.*) /resendconfirmation.php?userid=$1
RewriteRule ^profile/(.*)/(.*) /memberprofile.php?pid=$1&username=$2
RewriteRule ^members/videos/(.*)/(.*) /membervideos.php?pid=$1&username=$2
RewriteRule ^members/channels/(.*)/(.*) /memberchannels.php?pid=$1&username=$2
RewriteRule ^members/comments/(.*)/(.*) /membercomments.php?pid=$1&username=$2
RewriteRule ^members/favorites/(.*)/(.*) /memberfavorites.php?pid=$1&username=$2
RewriteRule ^members/subscribers/(.*)/(.*) /membersubscribers.php?pid=$1&username=$2
RewriteRule ^members/friends/(.*)/(.*) /memberfriends.php?pid=$1&username=$2
RewriteRule ^syndicate/videos/(.*)/(.*) /syndicatevideos.php?filter=$1&title=$2
RewriteRule ^syndicate/categoryvideos/(.*)/(.*) /syndicatecategoryvideos.php?filter=$1&title=$2
RewriteRule ^syndicate/videoseries/(.*)/(.*) /syndicatevideoseries.php?filter=$1&title=$2
RewriteRule ^syndicate/channels/(.*)/(.*) /syndicatechannels.php?filter=$1&title=$2
RewriteRule ^syndicate/categorychannels/(.*)/(.*) /syndicatecategorychannels.php?filter=$1&title=$2
RewriteRule ^syndicate/members/(.*)/(.*) /syndicatemembers.php?filter=$1&title=$2
RewriteRule ^download/video/(.*)/(.*) /downloadvideo.php?VIDEOID=$1&title=$2
RewriteRule ^share/video/(.*) /sharevideo.php?videoid=$1
RewriteRule ^comments/videos/(.*)/(.*) /videocomments.php?videoid=$1&title=$2
</IfModule>

<IfModule mod_security.c>
# Turn off mod_security filtering.
SecFilterEngine Off

# The below probably isn't needed,
# but better safe than sorry.
SecFilterScanPOST Off
</IfModule>

Is there something I need to change in that?

Thank you for your help!

Back