• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Help on Deleting Orphaned DNS Entree Command ?

BobK

New Pleskian
I have an Orphaned DNS entree from a failed domain creation and now i cant add that new domain because it says DNS entree already exists. I found this article on how to remove it

But I am not following the syntax of the delete commands they want. Assuming the domain name is DOMAIN.ABC could someone provide and example of how to delete that domain from the database?

delete from dns_recs where dns_zone_id in (select id from dns_zone where id not in (select dns_zone_id from domains) and id not in (select dns_zone_id from domain_aliases));

AND

delete from dns_zone where id not in (select dns_zone_id from domains) and id not in (select dns_zone_id from domain_aliases);

Much appreciated! Thanks!

Last edited:
But I am not following the syntax of the delete commands they want.
Why? I think that there is absolutely clearly described steps for resolving the issue. Why not just follow them? What sort of problems with it?

delete from dns_zone where id not in (select dns_zone_id from domains) and id not in (select dns_zone_id from domain_aliases); Kodi nox

Back