• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question High Apache Memory Usage

seebii

New Pleskian
Hi!

On Wednesday I migrated about 40 Websites to a New Plesk Server.

Since Wednesday Evening I am getting 3-4 health alarm messages with "Apache Memory Usage" green->yellow and yellow->Red. But I have 64 gigs of RAM...
I've uploaded the Health statistics in the attachment.

Does somebody know whats wrong There? It is a New Server.. Maybe some wrong conf?

Thanks in advance!
Sebastian

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190412-081410.jpg
    Screenshot_20190412-081410.jpg
    533.3 KB · Views: 18
Apache is using less than 5GB of memory and you have 64GB on system, so not seeing anything wrong with it.

Rogue bots? Spammers?

It's impossible to know what's going on without knowing what kind of sites are you hosting and how much traffic do they get. You'll need to troubleshoot, here are some suggestions:

- check the bandwidth your server is using lately (is it within past averages?)
- check for recent spikes in web site traffic history (to determine which site(s) are causing this)
- observe if their current traffic is still odd in some way (again, looking for bots or even spammers)
- catch a period of increased usage and check the results of something like 'ps auxw', 'top', etc. (how ever you prefer to monitor your server at a glance).

Back