• Please be aware: Kaspersky Anti-Virus has been deprecated
    With the upgrade to Plesk Obsidian 18.0.64, "Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Servers" will be automatically removed from the servers it is installed on. We recommend that you migrate to Sophos Anti-Virus for Servers.
  • The Horde webmail has been deprecated. Its complete removal is scheduled for April 2025. For details and recommended actions, see the Feature and Deprecation Plan.

Resolved Hostname updated but always "mydomain.localdomain" in the mail system message

Erwan

Regular Pleskian
Hi all,

I've changed hostname on a new server (Plesk/Tools&Settings/server settings) : w800.mydomain.com
I can use Plesk with : w800.mydomain.com:8443.
It's ok.

But in the mail system, when i've for example, a failure notice, the message is:
This is the mail system at host w800.localdomain.
I'm sorry to have to inform....

How can i change "w800.localdomain" with "w800.mydomain.com" ?

Thank you.

Erwan

Check if w800.localdomain is present in /etc/hosts file. If so, change to w800.mydomain.com.

No...

127.0.0.1 localhost localhost.localdomain localhost4 localhost4.localdomain4
::1 localhost localhost.localdomain localhost6 localhost6.localdomain6
x.x.x.x w800.mydomain.com w800

You can try to edit /etc/postfix/main.cf and add this line
Code:
myhostdomain = w800.mydomain.com
Then
# postfix reload
to make the service aware of the new configuration. This is actually an important setting for that I always wondered why Plesk is not doing it, because if the myhostdomain entry is missing, mails sent through webmail are sent by "localhost" identifier which causes issues with recipient spam filters.

Back