• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved How can I connect php5.6 with mariadb10.6?

federiklampo

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
cloudlinux 8
Plesk version and microupdate number
I'm having some problems regarding the connection of a php5.6 to mariadb 10.6; I thought it was a wrong configuration of the php.ini but it seems to be all correct.
i create a custom php_handler following the guide;
The error specific i get is this:
Warning: mysqli::mysqli(): (HY000/2002): No such file or directory in /var/www/vhosts/SITE/system/library/db/mysqli.php on line 7Warning: DB\MySQLi::__construct(): Couldn't fetch mysqli in /var/www/vhosts/SITE/system/library/db/mysqli.php on line 10Warning: DB\MySQLi::__construct(): Couldn't fetch mysqli in /var/www/vhosts/SITE/system/library/db/mysqli.php on line 10
here the list of the module my php5.6 version load:
# /opt/alt/php56/usr/bin/php -m
PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library '/opt/alt/php56/usr/lib64/php/modules/nd_pdo_mysql.so' - /opt/alt/php56/usr/lib64/php/modules/nd_pdo_mysql.so: undefined symbol: pdo_parse_params in Unknown on line 0
[PHP Modules]
bcmath
bz2
calendar
Core
ctype
curl
date
dba
dbx
dom
enchant
ereg
exif
fileinfo
filter
ftp
gd
gettext
gmp
hash
i360
iconv
imap
interbase
intl
json
ldap
libxml
mbstring
mcrypt
mhash
mssql
mysql
mysqli
mysqlnd
odbc
openssl
pcntl
pcre
PDO
pdo_dblib
PDO_Firebird
PDO_ODBC
pdo_pgsql
pdo_sqlite
pgsql
Phar
posix
pspell
readline
recode
Reflection
session
shmop
SimpleXML
snmp
soap
sockets
SPL
sqlite3
standard
sybase_ct
sysvmsg
sysvsem
sysvshm
tidy
tokenizer
wddx
xml
xmlreader
xmlrpc
xmlwriter
xsl
zip
zlib
I attached others log for more info like php info, pkgs installed on system and php handler. thx

Attachments

• log.zip
    3.6 KB · Views: 0
PHP 5.6 doesn't support the mysqli function calls. There is a way to get around this, which I described in this post:

But it would be better to choose a more recent PHP version, like PHP 7.4 or higher.

Last edited:
Is much simpler than that, the global php.ini file of the alt-php56 pkgs is not configured correctly.
I don't know for what reason but the path to mariadb socket was missing.
These are usually default settings.

Back