• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question How do I backup psa database regularly and to Dropbox?

epertinez

New Pleskian
I do have a server with some 10-20 domains, some of them with tens of gigs and big databases. I do backup domain by domain, daily, using Plesk backup.
But I see no way to backup psa database, or horde.
If the database server breaks in a bad way, I can rebuild the domains one by one, but I cannot Reload all PSA config. That makes no sense for me.
Is there a way you know to backup "the rest" of the system except the databases and files that you already save as user/vhost backups?

Ideally... an automated periodic way that uploads directly to Dropbox.

Maybe you can dump the databases with a shell command via cron to a subscription web space so that the dumps are saved along with the subscription?

hello @epertinez ,
psa database backed-up during daily routines and usually stored at /var/lib/psa/dumps/ (see DUMP_D variable in /etc/psa/psa.conf)

I can suggest small hack: create special not resolvable domain/subscription and copy psaDB dumps to it's directory with additional crontask.
Then you can schedule daily backup of this domain to dropbox using extension called 'Dropbox Backup'

Back