• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question How does node work on plesk?

MarioSmith91

New Pleskian
Greetings,

I wrote an application in node that uses a web server node set on port 3000 on this web server I created a client-side GUI (fontEnd) that allows you to do some operations such as:

- CLICK A BUTTON 'Start program number 2'
- CLICK A BUTTON 'Stop program number 2'
- Change program settings

When you click on Start program number 2 the web server sends via ajax (with the POST method) a variable to the webServer.js script which in turn triggers a function
which starts another script node (prog2.js) via the spawn method which starts a child_process, all console.log and program outputs (prog2.js) are redirected to weServer.js
via the node socket.io module. All this works perfectly if I activate node via SSH and connect to the ip of my Ex server:

- 111.111.111.111:3000

If, on the other hand, I use the domain that I set from Plesk and I activate node from the domain extension on Plesk through the Plesk nod js extension, Ex:

- mydomain.com

With port 3000 (mydomain.com:3000) it doesn't work, but it works if I just put the domain without port (mydomain.com), so it's as if Plesk set the basic web port directly

that is the 80, moreover if I try to click the button 'Start program number 2' I do not receive the redirection of the output of the second script, so I believe that I can not even

start the child_process.

Why does he do this? How does the Plesk node work? How can I get a console so I can understand what's going on? Where can I find documentation on how Plesk works on node?

Thank you in advance for your availability.

PS
Please enlighten me :)

Back