• Please be aware: Kaspersky Anti-Virus has been deprecated
    With the upgrade to Plesk Obsidian 18.0.64, "Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Servers" will be automatically removed from the servers it is installed on. We recommend that you migrate to Sophos Anti-Virus for Servers.
  • The Horde webmail has been deprecated. Its complete removal is scheduled for April 2025. For details and recommended actions, see the Feature and Deprecation Plan.

How to add rights for a customer

TimSch

New Pleskian
Hello
I already read that it's not possible to add additional admins to the plesk panel. I'd like to permit editing the firewall for a specific user. He helps to manage the server and uses it for his own needs. Sometimes he asks for an open port and should be able to open it by himself.

Is there a way without sharing my own admin password?

Hello Tim,

You can convert a customer account into a reseller account, but not into an additional administrator account. Simply create an additional administrator account for the customer in question. A word of warning though - additional administrators have far greater privileges than merely managing the firewall rules, so only do this if you trust them not to do any mischief :)

Back