• Please be aware: Kaspersky Anti-Virus has been deprecated
    With the upgrade to Plesk Obsidian 18.0.64, "Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Servers" will be automatically removed from the servers it is installed on. We recommend that you migrate to Sophos Anti-Virus for Servers.
  • The Horde webmail has been deprecated. Its complete removal is scheduled for April 2025. For details and recommended actions, see the Feature and Deprecation Plan.

Question How to downgrade MariaDB from 10.5.10 to 10.3.22 or higher

max2334

New Pleskian
Hi,

how can I downgade MariaDB from 10.5.10 to 10.3.22 or higher, because I want to install Shopware 6 and Shopware 6 has some issue with 10.3.29, 10.4.19 and 10.5.10. So I need to downgrade my MariaDB. any idea?

thanks
Max

hello @max2334 ,
what OS and Plesk version are you use ?
do you have MariaDB installed from vendor's repo or from community repo (in case Linux) ?

downgrade procedure is very dangerous and does not supported by Plesk in automatic mode.

Because MariaDB 10.3.28 contains an annoying bug, I updated to version 10.5.10 yesterday.

I used these instructions:  How to upgrade MySQL 5.5 to 5.6/5.7 or MariaDB 5.5 to 10.x on Linux?

Maybe you can use these instructions to downgrade as well. In the MariaDB.repo place the info belonging to version 10.4 instead of version 10.5.

Before you begin: make a backup.

I cannot guarantee it will work, but from the other hand ... why wouldn't it? But do make a backup first.

EDIT: read this first

Downgrading could go wrong ...

@max2334
in general, you can try to remove MariaDB 10.5 from your system with no-depends; install MariaDB10.3 and restore of full backup of all your databases.

but I'm not sure that dump which was created at MariaDB 10.5 will be able to be successfully restored at MariaDB 10.3.
so, even you will have a backup it may not help you.

I strongly not recommend to proceed with DB downgrade if you not sure what are you doing.

Shopware is currently NOT compatible* with all the latest releases of: MariaDB 10.3, MariaDB 10.4, MariaDB 10.5, MySQL 8.0 (* due to some dumb table create statements in the installer)

So, a simple downgrade to MariaDB 10.3 will not help here, as you most likely get v10.3.29 that way.

It's better to continue using MariaDB 10.5 and just fix that Shopware Installer-Script. (or wait till Shopware ships the next release with this fix already in it)

In order to fix that yourself, just locate the file "Migration1563805586AddLanguageToOrder.php" and replace it's content with this: shopware/platform

Attachments

• shopware.png
    shopware.png
    15.3 KB · Views: 31
Back