• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved how to filter email contents and block them

ariban99

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
Ubuntu 20.04.4 LTS
Plesk version and microupdate number
Version 18.0.44 Update #3
Hi
Lately, i have been receiving many spam emails from someone who always uses the word GHOST in the body of the email and also always in the domain name. so I blocked their domain but they use a new domain; for example, the first time was ghostwritters.com; once blocked, it was ghostwritterswell.com etc...
instead of playing catchup with all their domains, is there a way to block or filter any email that comes from a domain that has the content ghost in it.
also is there a way to filter content in the body of the email.
it should reject their email and preferably NOT notify them, so they don't try a new way or sending me emails. i just don't want to receive it and block it.
if there is a way, can you please give me instructions or a tutorial as I am not very good at plesk, but I can get into the root access of the server and follow instructions.
Thank you
Ben

If it's just for one email account, the easiest way is to create a filter in Roundcube webmail:

If From address OR body contains ghost -> Move to Spam

thank you Maarten
unfortunately, it goes to many emails. I used to use ispconfig and they had a function to filter content either in the body of the email or the email address.
is there a way to do something similar in plesk?

Go to Tools & Settings > Spam Filter and click Black List tab to add a sender email address you like to block. You can use an asterisk (*) as a substitute for a number of letters, and question mark (?) as a substitute for a single letter. For example *@*ghost*.com.

More info: SpamAssassin Spam Filter

Then you're probably trying the 'wrong' black list. Make sure you go to "Tools & Settings > Spam Filter". Otherwise please post a screenshot of the page with the error.

Hi Kaspar,
Thank you for your reply.
attached is a screenshot, when I go to tools and settings, I don't have spam filter, I have instead under MAIL something called ANTIVIRUS, when I click on that, then I click on Black List and I get the error.

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    70.1 KB · Views: 21
Do you have the Plesk Email Security extension installed? Then you'll probably have to add it via settings page of the Plesk Email Security extension. (Although I am not 100% if the Plesk Email Security extension allows the usage of wildcards in blacklist addresses. So it might not be possible).

If you don't have the Plesk Email Security extension installed then you'll probably don't have a spamfilter installed at all. This link explains how you can install the SpamAssassin spamfilter.

yes i have plesk email security extension installed, see attached screenshot. but I still cant add wildcards to the blacklist.
is there another way to do it? maybe ssh in the server ?

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    184.7 KB · Views: 14
Back