• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question How to whitelist UserAgent in firewall?

caitanya

New Pleskian
Hi,

I have a small question about the firewall. I use Plesk Obsidian Version 18.0.28 with standard firewall settings: under Tools&Settings / Firewall as well as IP Address Banning (Fail2Ban) and Web Application Firewall (ModSecurity).

How can I whitelist UserAgent in the Plesk Firewall? As soon as a connection is established with HTTP/S, the UserAgent is sent for the request.
Now PostFinance uses the name "compatible; Indy Library" as UserAgent. This seems to be blocked by my firewall.

This UserAgent should not be blocked by plesk and I should add it to a whitelist.

I found under Web Application Firewall (ModSecurity) the option to completely deactivate agents - but how to only add the one from PostFinance to the white list?

Thank you for a hint.

Regards
Ananda

Sorry guys - found it. They who can read are clearly at an advantage ;)

Here the info for others that might need it - go to Web Application Firewall (ModSecurity) and 1) open ModSecurity Log File 2) search for the domain that has troubles 3) find the ID of the Agent and 4) paste it in the field "Switch off security rules" to deactivate it. Basicaly it is everything discribed above the "Switch off security rules" section. With me just the ID was not starting with 3 but with 2...

Back