• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved HttpGeoipModule: nginx?

omexlu

Regular Pleskian
Hello,

can HttpGeoipModule be used out of the box with nginx on plesk?
As i see in nginx -V it can't be used.

How can i exclude countrys?

EDIT: I think i found a way to do that, i will give a try this week:
Using CloudFlare for country blocking - Nginx Library

Question: Can this be put in additional nginx directive in GUI, so that i can config different countrys for different websites:
Code:
map $http_cf_ipcountry $allow {
        default yes;
        CN no;
        MX no;
        NO no;
}
if ($allow = no) {
    return 403;
}

Thanks

Last edited:
Hi omexlu,

nope, the current Plesk "sw-nginx" - component doesn't include the module "HttpGeoipModule".

But you may read and follow my tutorial, in order to be able to compile your very own NGINX - version. ;)

Thanks but this is to advanced for me :D im only a privatman not a hosting provider :D
What about the solution mentioned above, this can be working that way?

I have take a look but seems very advanced and it get overriden on plesk updates as i read, then i stopped read :)

But what about that above, this is a very easy to implement if it works ?

Hi omexlu,

your thread title is "HttpGeoipModule: nginx?" and this has been answered.

If you desire help for additional questions, not related to your topic, pls. consider to open a NEW thread and try not to mix threads. People visiting the forum and users who found threads with the help of search engine, will get confused and irritated if you mix threads with all kinds of questions/errors/issues/problems, not related to the thread title and the initial post content!

Back