• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue I am not receiving emails from 1 domain

MarcelFoto

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
Plesk Obsidian 18.0.56
Plesk version and microupdate number
On my plesk server I host fgmail.nl for all email addresses. All emails arrive, except from foto-groep.nl.
The foto-groep.nl website also runs on my plesk server. The email from foto-groep.nl goes through a different exchange server.
Do I have to set something on my Plesk server so that I can receive email from photo group?

I get this back in my mail delivery system mail :

[email protected]
Remote Server returned '< #5.0.0>'

Oorspronkelijke berichtkoppen:

Return-Path: <href="mailto:[email protected]">[email protected]>style='color:gray'>Received: from [172.16.0.83] (helo=tc-exmail-ex02.exmail.tc4u.nl)
style='color:gray'> by mailcleaner.tc4u.nl stage1 with esmtps
style='color:gray'> (Exim MailCleaner)
style='color:gray'> id 1rBbIi-000GnJ-2c
style='color:gray'> for <href="mailto:[email protected]">[email protected]> style='color:gray'> from <href="mailto:[email protected]">[email protected]>;style='color:gray'> Fri, 08 Dec 2023 14:53:58 +0100
style='color:gray'>Received: from TC-EXMAIL-EX01.exmail.tc4u.nl (172.16.0.81) by
style='color:gray'> tc-exmail-ex02.exmail.tc4u.nl (172.16.0.83) with Microsoft SMTP Server
style='color:gray'> (version=TLS1_2, cipher=TLS_ECDHE_RSA_WITH_AES_256_CBC_SHA384) id
style='color:gray'> 15.2.1258.12; Fri, 8 Dec 2023 14:53:58 +0100
style='color:gray'>Received: from TC-EXMAIL-EX01.exmail.tc4u.nl ([::1]) by
style='color:gray'> TC-EXMAIL-EX01.exmail.tc4u.nl ([::1]) with mapi id 15.00.1497.015; Fri, 8 Dec
style='color:gray'> 2023 14:53:58 +0100
style='color:gray'>X-MailCleaner-SPF: whitelisted (was permerror)
From: "Marcel Scheltinga (Foto-Groep)" <href="mailto:[email protected]">[email protected]>style='color:gray'>To: "[email protected]" <href="mailto:[email protected]">[email protected]>style='color:gray'>Subject: Test 101
style='color:gray'>Thread-Topic: Test 101
style='color:gray'>Thread-Index: Adop3f2maP+Jq9T8Tm+nUUUxJGinoQ==
style='color:gray'>Date: Fri, 8 Dec 2023 13:53:58 +0000
style='color:gray'>Message-ID: <href="mailto:[email protected]">[email protected]>style='color:gray'>Accept-Language: nl-NL, en-US
style='color:gray'>Content-Language: nl-NL
style='color:gray'>X-MS-Has-Attach: yes
style='color:gray'>X-MS-TNEF-Correlator:
style='color:gray'>x-ms-exchange-transport-fromentityheader: Hosted
style='color:gray'>x-originating-ip: [92.67.220.198]
style='color:gray'>Content-Type: multipart/related;
style='color:gray'> boundary="_004_5c0ec6204175499b9d79d0904ddb38beTCEXMAILEX01exmailtc4un_";
style='color:gray'> type="multipart/alternative"
style='color:gray'>MIME-Version: 1.0
style='color:gray'>X-MailCleaner-TrustedIPs: Ok
style='color:gray'>X-MailCleaner-RDNS: invalid reverse DNS for 172.16.0.83
style='color:gray'>X-MailCleaner-TLS-Client-Certificate: invalid (/CN=tc-exmail-ex02)

Are you running a Plesk server on a VMware or other local machine? This is a non-routable IP address:
"RDNS: invalid reverse DNS for 172.16.0.83"

Hoi Maarten, ik zie dat Nederlands bent.
Ik draai bij Hostnet mijn Plesk op een VM . De exchange server draait bij tc4u.nl dit wordt voor ons gedaan. Ik denk dat tc4u.nl mijn dns blokkeerd, of zoiets.
De foto-groep.nl MX records gaan dus naar tc4u.nl en de A records gaan naar mijn VM. Het lijkt mij raar dat dit invloed heeft op het versturen vanaf foto-groep.nl naar een mailserver op mijn vm. De 172.16.0.83 is het ip -adres van de exchange server bij tc4u.nl . Vanuit de mail van foto-groep kan ik naar alles en iedereen mailen behalve naar fgmail.nl en andersom kan ik van fgmail.nl wel naar iedereen mailen ook naar foto-groep.nl.

De dns loopt bij Hostnet, zou het een idee zijn om de dns van fgmail.nl op de VM te laten draaien ?

thx,

Marcel

-----
Courtesy translation, so that other forum participants know what's written:
Hi Maarten, I see you are Dutch.
I run my Plesk at Hostnet on a VM . The exchange server runs at tc4u.nl this is done for us. I think tc4u.nl is blocking my dns, or something like that.
So the photo-group.nl MX records go to tc4u.nl and the A records go to my VM. It seems weird to me that this affects sending from photo-group.nl to a mail server on my vm. The 172.16.0.83 is the ip -address of the exchange server at tc4u.nl . From the mail of photo-group I can mail to everything and everyone except fgmail.nl and vice versa I can mail from fgmail.nl to everyone including photo-group.nl.
The dns runs at Hostnet, would it be an idea to run the dns from fgmail.nl on the VM ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, I'm Dutch, but on this forum, we use English so everyone can participate. So let's keep everything in English only, please.

I think you need to check and fix this first:

foto-groep.nl:
SPF: has an invalid syntax

fgmail.nl:
mail.fgmail.nl: Reverse DNS does not match SMTP Banner

I've found these issues using mxtoolbox.com.
The MX toolbox website has an option to analyze the mail headers. The mail headers you posted above have extra markup, making it hard to read.

Hi, thx for your support. On Hostnet i al ready put mail.fgmail.nl to the reverse DNS settings. I thing the problem is not the Plesk , but the exchange sever. I will check all the settings from foto-groep.nl

Back