• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

'Index of /' shown for my sites

Richard123

New Pleskian
Hi,

I have a new installation of Plesk 12 on CentOS 7.1 on MS Azure Cloud Service.

I've checked the IP Adddress is added for both internal network and web resolved IP for the server.
For the domains I've tried both the internal network and web IP.

I've checked about .htaccess and tried creating a new domain and test.

In all cases when going to a website URL, I'm getting served up the following page:

Index of /
404.shtml
cgi-bin/
phpinfo.php
robots.txt

Can anyone offer any suggestions for remedy?

With Thanks,

Richard

You have no index.html file inside website document root directory. Try to create it at least.

Hi Igor: I checked that and the index.html is present.
Hi Ruslan: It's using the default virtual host template which gets copied to the newly created domain/site file area. However I think what is being shown is the apache default page, not the page shown from the virtual host template.

It's not looking like apache default page too - on clean httpd package install content of /var/www/html/ is empty. Most probably your requests passed to another location or another machine.
Try to run
# tcpdump -Av -s0 port 80
and access the IP/host in browser - check that the request comes to the machine.

Back