• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

is it possible, to give sendmail his own ip address?

Thomas_V

New Pleskian
Hi!

first: sorry, for my bad english, but i hope you will understand what i mean:

I'm running a plesk 12 system with 2 IP addresses.
One for the webserver and one for the mailserver
I use the Outgoing Mail Control option to limit the amount of outgoing mails to prevent blacklisting...

I want to do the following:
All the Mails, generated by scripts, should use the webservers ip, and all other mails should use the mail ip

The idea behind is: When a customers website is hacked and a mail sending script is placed there, i want to have a additional security to outgoing mail control, so if really an ip is blacklisted, it's only the webservers ip and the mail traffic from the mail ip is not blocked...

Is it possible to configure this?

Much greetings from germany
Thomas

Hi Thomas_Vorderobermeier,

sendmail is a message transfer agent and not a mailserver. You have to install a second mailserver on the webserver's IP in order to implement your szenario, but you will have to install, configure and administrate this second mailserver on your own ( think of using no standard port ), because there is no option in Plesk to handle two mailservers.

Back