• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Please beaware of a breaking change in the REST API on the current Plesk release (18.0.62).
    Starting from Plesk Obsidian 18.0.62, requests to REST API containing the Content-Type header with a media-type directive other than “application/json” will result in the HTTP “415 Unsupported Media Type” client error response code. Read more here

Question Is Plesk ending SE partnership with Digital ocean?

sulabhpuri

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
Linx
Plesk version and microupdate number
Plesk SE
We got a message that in 2 months Plesk SE will shut down services with Digital ocean, unless one pays and buys full version. Why is this happening as most are already paying a high premium to Digital ocean for its service.

Can you please tell me which other service we can goto where there is a free Plesk deal like: Vultr, AWS or any other.

As we do see some others are giving free Cpanel. So premium over premium does not make sense to us.

Unless there is a way Plesk Web Admin SE stays free on Digital Ocean.

The Plesk Web Admin SE edition is being discontinued across all providers (DigitalOcean, AWS and Vultr). On existing servers the Web Admin SE edition can be used till Augustus 30st this year when it will be fully discontinued.

That is very sad! Users are already paying a high premium to places like DO, they recently increased prices and now this extra burden of purchasing PLESK is also going to happen. I think Plesk and DO should find a middle way out.

Why doesn't Vultr aloow me to upgrade to Plesk Web Admin (not the free SE that is discontinued)? I only can upgrade to pro. It's a shame, I manage only 1 domain and I don't care about reselling.

Not a fan of SE being discontinued. I only manage 1 domain and it would be really silly to spend that much more per month just for that.

I'm disappointed that SE is being discontinued. I only manage one domain, so paying significantly more per month for it wouldn't make sense. I will never use a Pleak product again in the future.

Back