• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Issue when I update mariadb 10.2 to 10.5

olizan74

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
centos
Plesk version and microupdate number
obsidian 18.0.47
Hi,
I have some trouble with a customer Wordpress website. The customer needs a mariadb version 10.3+.
My plesk has actually a 10.2 mysql mariadb server.
Plesk shows me an update 10.2 to 10.5 but when i update, the version still 10.2.
Do you have an idea ?
Ragards
Olivier

Attachments

• update0P.png
    update0P.png
    55.3 KB · Views: 14
  • update.png
    update.png
    179.2 KB · Views: 17
Thanks for your reply,

There is indeed something strange about the version of mariadb.
Indeed, we have followed the update procedure and the system confirms this new version; On the other hand, at the level of my websites, it seems that they are still on the old version.

Maybe some manual action is needed to tell a domain to switch to the new version of mariadb?

For info : Plesk 18.0.47, CentOS 7.9.2009

It is hardly possible to have two MariaDB versions at the same time active on the same server. You'd at least need to configure them to use different ports, but the libraries of different versions will probably not be able to be in memory at the same time anyway. Please try to find out which version is running:
# plesk db

Reading table information for completion of table and column names
You can turn off this feature to get a quicker startup with -A
Welcome to the MariaDB monitor. Commands end with ; or \g.
Your MariaDB connection id is 1613
Server version: 10.2.44-MariaDB MariaDB Server
Copyright (c) 2000, 2018, Oracle, MariaDB Corporation Ab and others.
Type 'help;' or '\h' for help. Type '\c' to clear the current input statement.

Indeed, we have followed the update procedure and the system confirms this new version;
It is possible that the new 10.5 binaries are already installed, but have not become active, but it is also possible that they could not be installed, because the previous 10.2 was not removed. You must have missed at least one step. It was either missed to remove the existing binaries (step 5 of instructions) or steps 10 through 12 or any one of these was not done.

What is
# rpm -q --whatprovides mariadb-server
saying?

Before you try to do any changes, I suggest to first create a full dump of all databases, e.g.
# MYSQL_PWD=`cat /etc/psa/.psa.shadow` mysqldump -u admin --verbose --all-databases --routines --triggers > /home/all-databases.sql

Afterwards you can repeat all steps shown in the CentOS section of https://support.plesk.com/hc/en-us/...5-to-5-6-5-7-or-MariaDB-5-5-to-10-x-on-Linux- . Watch out for the second part of step (5):
# rpm -e --nodeps `rpm -q --whatprovides mariadb-server`
If this is not done correctly, MariaDB client etc. will be updated, but not the server. It is very easy to overlook that. If so, all further steps will probably work, but you will still be on your old server version. Pay attention to the backticks in the command.

Back