• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Issue with pleskbackup on large backup files

nickmm

New Pleskian
Hi ;-)

Well, I hope someone could help me to understand What's happening with large backups (I have customers over 80GBytes).

The issue only happens with large backups using split option:

/usr/local/psa/bin/pleskbackup clients-name CUSTOMER --split=2G --output-file=/CUSTOMER-BACKUP

If backup has more than 80GBytes (for example), pleskbackup split the backup on 40 files. Each one 2G. When I try to restore it, fails:

cat CUSTOMER-BACKUP* > FULL-BACKUP

And then:

tar xf FULL-BACKUP

I'm getting this errors:

tar: Skipping to next header
tar: Exiting with failure status due to previous errors

First, I thought the problem was only this backup. But I'm testing all servers (Onyx 17.5.3) with same results. Large backups faults to restore :( Split the backup results on backup file corrupte.

If I make the backup without splitting, I can open and restore the backup file. Wihtout any problem. Works fine.

So, What's is happening??? Different customers, different servers ................ but When the backup is big, and I use split, the backup can't be restore after join the pieces with cat. Backup Is corrupte.

Can be a bug? Plesk? Linux? Split or cat? Is not safe split large backups? Better work with large files (80/100GBtes)?????????????????

I apreciate any help. If anyone can reproduce it. At this moment I'm removing split option on our backup scripts until wait a "safe" solution.

Best regards ;-)

Not understanding why you are joining the pieces. You should only start restore from the first file and other files will be joined and restored automatically.

Not understanding why you are joining the pieces. You should only start restore from the first file and other files will be joined and restored automatically.

With large backups is usual. It's easier joined pieces, untar, get data needed and move it to production server (just data needed). If not, you must move big backup to production server causing big loads .......... etc etc.

Back