• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Issue with website restore from Plesk backup "Access denied for user 'backup_vwcor4b'@'localhost' (using password: YES)"

Bitpalast

Plesk addicted!
Plesk Guru
I have tried to restore a customer backup from their original Plesk backup. Restore option "Website", choosing a domain of their subscription (not the main domain). Result:

Code:
Warning: Restore hosting "<domain name>"
Failed deployment of database <database name> (domain <subscription name>)
Warning:
Errors occurred during deployment of database content. Not all content may be restored. Resolve the errors if required or try to restore the content manually from the archive: databases/<database name>_1[sqldump]: backup_sqldump_2107310302_2108060302.tgz
Warning:
Execution of /usr/bin/mysql --defaults-file=/etc/my.cnf -u backup_vwcor4b -h localhost -P 3306 --default-character-set utf8mb4 <database name> failed with return code 1.
Stdin is
source /tmp/pmm-ru-udb-dump-5iiQT3/backup_sqldump_2107310302_2108060302;
exit
Stderr is
ERROR 1045 (28000): Access denied for user 'backup_vwcor4b'@'localhost' (using password: YES)
Last error is
Resource temporarily unavailable

However, when I import backup_sqldump_2107310302_2108060302 directly, e.g. with the GUI database import function, the database can be imported without any issues. It is also possible to restore the files from the backup. I was able to do the restore manually with the file and a file-restore from the backup.

What I do not understand: What is causing this Plesk backup restore error. I am not aware of a "backup_vwcor4b" user.

Back