• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Please beaware of a breaking change in the REST API on the next Plesk release (18.0.62).
    Starting from Plesk Obsidian 18.0.62, requests to REST API containing the Content-Type header with a media-type directive other than “application/json” will result in the HTTP “415 Unsupported Media Type” client error response code. Read more here

Issues to access Plesk Pannel after Upgrade to 10.2 because of FTP Server

V

Vampi1977

Hi,

I have searched in Forum several hours for a solution but did not even find something that helps.

I upgraded Plesk 10.1 on my Windows 2003 Webserver with Gene 6FTP (Version 3.10.0.2 ) to Plesk 10.2.

The installation run throug without any issues.

But now everytime when i want to access the Panel it shuts down the FTP Server and is asking for one with IPv6 Support.

Messages are shown below.

Warning: For the Panel to work, you need to select the default components from the list below. Make sure that the components you select are properly installed and configured. It is possible to change your selection afterwards.

FTP Server *
FTP Publishing Service 6.0 (FTP server does not support IPv6 addresses.)
Gene6 FTP Server 3.10.0.2 (FTP server does not support IPv6 addresses.)
Microsoft FTP Service (not installed)
Serv-U FTP Server (not installed)

So I am stuck in the Panel for now.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Cheer,

Mark.

Please execute the following command:

"%plesk_bin%\dbclient.exe" --direct-sql --sql="SELECT d.id FROM domains d JOIN hosting h ON (d.id = h.dom_id) JOIN domainservices ds ON (d.id = ds.dom_id AND ds.type = 'web') JOIN IpCollections ipc ON (ipc.id = ds.ipCollectionId) JOIN IpAddressesCollections ipac ON (ipc.id = ipac.ipCollectionId) LEFT JOIN IP_Addresses ipa4 ON (ipa4.id = ipac.ipAddressId AND ipa4.ip_address NOT LIKE '%:%') WHERE d.htype = 'vrt_hst' AND ipac.ipAddressId > 0 GROUP BY d.id HAVING COUNT(ipa4.id) = 0"

Please reply with output of this command.
At least we should know if there are some domains found matched this criteria.

Anyway, could you please send to me in private message your Plesk database upgrade logs.

You can find them here:
"%plesk_dir%\admin\logs\plesklog_dbupgradeYYYMMDD.log"

Please make archive with all such logs and send it to me to resolve this issue.

Hi Pavel,

attached you find the outpot of the query

C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator>"%plesk_bin%\dbclient.exe" --direct-sql
--sql="SELECT d.id FROM domains d JOIN hosting h ON (d.id = h.dom_id) JOIN domai
nservices ds ON (d.id = ds.dom_id AND ds.type = 'web') JOIN IpCollections ipc ON
(ipc.id = ds.ipCollectionId) JOIN IpAddressesCollections ipac ON (ipc.id = ipac
.ipCollectionId) LEFT JOIN IP_Addresses ipa4 ON (ipa4.id = ipac.ipAddressId AND
ipa4.ip_address NOT LIKE '%:%') WHERE d.htype = 'vrt_hst' AND ipac.ipAddressId >
0 GROUP BY d.id HAVING COUNT(ipa4.id) = 0"
id

You definitely have bug on dbupgrade procedure, please prepare archive with dbupgrade logs and sent them to me to analyze.

Right now you can put PhostingManager.php from attached archive to %plesk_dir%\admin\plib\ folder. Your issue should be resolved, but we still need to check domain with id 29 after that.

Attachments

• PHostingManager.php.zip
    48.4 KB · Views: 17
Hi PavelV,

I have put in the fiel now and it let me select the FTP Service again. But I am still stuck.

FTP Server *
FTP Publishing Service 6.0
Gene6 FTP Server 3.10.0.2
Microsoft FTP Service (not installed)
Serv-U FTP Server (not installed)

As soon as i select one FTP Server (Microsoft IIS 6 FTP or Gene 6 FTP) ist stops that Service and drops me again a Error Message.

Error: Set default component failed: defpackagemng failed: The package Gene6 FTP Server 3.10.0.2 was not installed.
The package FTP Publishing Service 6.0 was not installed.
Error: Some services categories contain invalid selections, or no selections were made.

Thanks in Advance for your help

Kind regards,

Mark.

Note: This issue is reproduced only if you are using MSSQL as database provider for Plesk.

Hi PavelV,

thanks very much for your gret support. I traced down all issues with your hints.

The Issue iwth the one domain I found in IpAddressesCollections The Domain id 29 had a value for ipAddressId of 11 but I have only 10 and Number 10 is the right one. I fixed that in Database.

Second thins is the inserts for DNS. Seems someone has not tested it with MSSQL becaouse iin table dns_recs_t the columns opt is not allowed to be NULL

So I added just a '' for OPT.

INSERT INTO [dns_recs_t] ([type], [host], [displayHost], [val], [displayVal],[opt]) VALUES(N'AAAA', N'ns.<domain>.', N'ns.<domain>.', N'<ipv6>', N'<ipv6>','')
INSERT INTO [dns_recs_t] ([type], [host], [displayHost], [val], [displayVal],[opt]) VALUES(N'AAAA', N'<domain>.', N'<domain>.', N'<ipv6>', N'<ipv6>','')
INSERT INTO [dns_recs_t] ([type], [host], [displayHost], [val], [displayVal],[opt]) VALUES(N'AAAA', N'webmail.<domain>.', N'webmail.<domain>.', N'<ipv6>', N'<ipv6>','')
INSERT INTO [dns_recs_t] ([type], [host], [displayHost], [val], [displayVal],[opt]) VALUES(N'AAAA', N'mssql.<domain>.', N'mssql.<domain>.', N'<ipv6>', N'<ipv6>','')
INSERT INTO [dns_recs_t] ([type], [host], [displayHost], [val], [displayVal],[opt]) VALUES(N'AAAA', N'mail.<domain>.', N'mail.<domain>.', N'<ipv6>', N'<ipv6>','')
INSERT INTO [dns_recs_t] ([type], [host], [displayHost], [val], [displayVal],[opt]) VALUES(N'AAAA', N'ipv6.<domain>.', N'ipv6.<domain>.', N'<ipv6>', N'<ipv6>','')
INSERT INTO [dns_recs_t] ([type], [host], [displayHost], [val], [displayVal],[opt]) VALUES(N'A', N'ipv4.<domain>.', N'ipv4.<domain>.', N'<ip>', N'<ip>','')

and now my Plesk is Back with 10.2 :)

Thanks again for your great help

Cheers,

Mark

The Issue iwth the one domain I found in IpAddressesCollections The Domain id 29 had a value for ipAddressId of 11 but I have only 10 and Number 10 is the right one. I fixed that in Database.

PLEASE take into account that during this bug on upgrade on MSSQL, IP_Addresses table got broken, and then after rereading IP addresses, IDs of rows can be different. This can be a problem in some cases. So you should additionally check that your domains are assigned to the same IP addresses as it was before upgrade. You can check this by comparing database state with IIS and DNS configuration. For example, site1.com in IIS listen on IP1, but in Panel it is displayed that site created on IP2, you should swap ids of IP addresses.

You can also compare this table with one from backup of Plesk database.

Hi PavelV,

and you are right again.

It seems that all IPs exept the primary (1) was raised by value of 1. That's why I had a count of 11. I fixed that.

Following tables needed to be checked.

IpAddressesCollections
ip_pool

I used your query a little bit modded to get a Overview.

SELECT * FROM domains d JOIN hosting h ON (d.id = h.dom_id) JOIN domai
nservices ds ON (d.id = ds.dom_id AND ds.type = 'web') JOIN IpCollections ipc ON
(ipc.id = ds.ipCollectionId) JOIN IpAddressesCollections ipac ON (ipc.id = ipac
.ipCollectionId) LEFT JOIN IP_Addresses ipa4 ON (ipa4.id = ipac.ipAddressId AND
ipa4.ip_address NOT LIKE '%:%')

I fixed with that the IpAddressCollections.

Then i took the ip_pool and compared it with clients(column pool_id is in it) table

That solved all issues I had.

One bad thing is that I needed to renew all ftp Accounts.
The Username and Password is still stored in Plesk but the accounts were not in the ftp server. So I just clicked and saved al accounts.

But now I am happy again my server runs now very fast. And my luck was I have only 18 Domains on it :)

Thanks for your support agin PavelV

Cheers,

Mark.

Back