• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Issue Large local files after onedrive backup

fliegerhermi

Regular Pleskian
Hi. I tried to send a full backup of the server to the onedrive cloud. This worked, but I noticed that ~50GB of local diskspace have been used up.

To get down to the issue I deleted both onedrive backups which resulted in the message "undefined" and no further error-description. The backups are removed from the backup list.

However I have large files like /var/lib/psa/dumps/resellers/XXX/domains/XXX.de/backup_user-data_1901021007.tgz

The backup is not shown in the Backup-Manager of the subscription.

I have the feeling that I have leftovers from the backup-attempts that plesk doesn't know about anymore.
How do I restore the list of existing backups?

Thanks for your help!

EDIT: Since the backup on the 2nd seems to be the issue. Is it safe to delete the dumps from /var/lib/psa/dumps that have been created on the 2nd?

Last edited:
Hello,

The backup is not shown in the Backup-Manager of the subscription.

How was the backup originally created? Over the Subscription, Reseller or Server?

EDIT: Since the backup on the 2nd seems to be the issue. Is it safe to delete the dumps from /var/lib/psa/dumps that have been created on the 2nd?

This article may help to find all related files to that backup as the files are saves all over the structure.
Backup structure in Plesk for Linux

How do I restore the list of existing backups?

You can try the "Make removed backups visible for the customer:" part from the article:
Backup is not displayed in Backup Manager

Best Regards,

Hi Arashi,
thank you for the quick reply.
The backup was created over the Administrator->ServerSettings->BackupManager as a onedrivebackup.

I was trying to reassign the backups to the user as mentioned in your last link, but the referred probs-file doesn't exist in the .discoverd directory of the backups....

Back