• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Latest Plesk Onyx - PHP 7.2 - INTL EXT Problem (compiled against old ICU)

futureweb

Regular Pleskian
Hey there,
I just activated PHP 7.2 on one of our Plesk Onyx Servers (Centos 6.9) and noticed a big Problem.

Code:
mod_fcgid: stderr: PHP Deprecated:  idn_to_ascii(): INTL_IDNA_VARIANT_2003 is deprecated

should normally be no problem ... just change Variant to supported INTL_IDNA_VARIANT_UTS46 ...
Code:
$email = idn_to_ascii("österreich.at"); //DEPRECATED
$email1 = idn_to_ascii("österreich.at", 0, INTL_IDNA_VARIANT_UTS46); //NORMALLY OK SINCE PHP 5.x ...

But not with Plesk compiled PHP ... ;-)

Code:
mod_fcgid: stderr: PHP Warning:  Use of undefined constant INTL_IDNA_VARIANT_UTS46 - assumed 'INTL_IDNA_VARIANT_UTS46'

Seems like the INTL EXT is compiled against a REALLY, REALLY OLD ICU?

intl / icu on Plesk Server:
upload_2018-2-14_11-3-43.png

intl / icu on one of my Centos 7 Servers with PHP from IUS Rep:

upload_2018-2-14_11-4-47.png

I guess I don't need to mention what Problems this brings ... when old Variant is deprecated and throwing Errors but the new replacement isn't available because the Ext is compiled against and old ICU ... ;-)

Hope you gonna fix that ASAP ... (deliver updated ICU Package with Plesk?)

thx, bye from sunny Austria
Andreas Schnederle-Wagner

ps) Bug Report: INTL EXT compiled against old ICU

Attachments

• upload_2018-2-14_11-4-34.png
    upload_2018-2-14_11-4-34.png
    9.6 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
Thank you for report. I have forwarded it to developers for investigation. I will update thread with results.