• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Let's Encrypt: Certs not auto-renewed if redirect to HTTPS is enabled for domain

hansitheking

Basic Pleskian
Server operating system version
Ubunut 22.04
Plesk version and microupdate number
18.0.57 #5
My Let's Encrypt certs do not get auto-renewed because the redirect from HTTP to HTTPS is enabled in Plesk. The only hotfix I found for the moment is to disable the redirect temporary during the night by running a cron with:

Code:
plesk bin site -l | while read i; do plesk bin site -u $i -ssl-redirect false; done

and in the morning, after 4 hours, I switch on the redirect again:

Code:
plesk bin site -l | while read i; do plesk bin site -u $i -ssl-redirect true; done

Does anyone else have this problem or another solution?

---
Ubuntu 22.04.3 LTS
Plesk Obsidian: Version 18.0.57 Update #5
---

My Let's Encrypt certs do not get auto-renewed because the redirect from HTTP to HTTPS is enabled in Plesk. The only hotfix I found for the moment is to disable the redirect temporary during the night by running a cron with:

Code:
plesk bin site -l | while read i; do plesk bin site -u $i -ssl-redirect false; done

and in the morning, after 4 hours, I switch on the redirect again:

Code:
plesk bin site -l | while read i; do plesk bin site -u $i -ssl-redirect true; done

---
Ubuntu 22.04.3 LTS
---
It would appear that we also have this issue today

My Let's Encrypt certs do not get auto-renewed because the redirect from HTTP to HTTPS is enabled in Plesk.
We've never, ever, had this issue, since we commenced using Plesk and Let's Encrypt SSL Certs. Plus, ALL of our hosted domains have been redirected from HTTP to HTTPS since they were first hosted by us. As we're on the same Server(s) OS and a very similar Plesk Obsidian Release, it's more likely to be a local mis-config, somewhere in your own setup, as opposed to a Plesk error. FWIW Our last set of Let's Encrypt renewals were indeed, when we were using Plesk Obsidian 18.0.57
~~
---
Ubuntu 22.04.3 LTS
---

Solution: After a long back and forth with the operator (alfahosting.de) of my server, it turned out that it was inaccessible via IPv6. Since the problem was fixed, everything is working again. This post is directly related to this post. I recommend everyone to start testing with this tool: Let's Debug

FWIW: Similar issue, various attempts to reissue or renew nearly-expired certificate wouldn't work.

Resolution was to delete ("unassign") the Lets Encrypt certificate and create a new wildcard certificate.

Back