• Please be aware: Kaspersky Anti-Virus has been deprecated
    With the upgrade to Plesk Obsidian 18.0.64, "Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Servers" will be automatically removed from the servers it is installed on. We recommend that you migrate to Sophos Anti-Virus for Servers.
  • The Horde webmail has been deprecated. Its complete removal is scheduled for April 2025. For details and recommended actions, see the Feature and Deprecation Plan.

Localizing Login Page

ilteraks

New Pleskian
Hi Folks,

After hours of search and trials I am giving up and posting this question, hoping someone will show me the right direction to follow.
I am trying to translate login page (login_up.php3) variables like "Username", "Password", "Forgot your password" and "Username", "Email address", "Enter your username and email registered in the system to retrieve your password." parts in Retrieve Password page (get_password.php). I managed to change "Retrieve Password" header in get_password.php3 page by editing "get_password__label" variable in "messages_en-TR.php" file. But after editing all "Password" and "Username" variables in all language files, there is no change for these ones.

The odd thing is all the error, warning and information messages that I changed are shown as they should. But the labels and buttons are not changed no matter what.

My question is, where are these variables? How to find them, in which file and what are their variable names?

Thanks!

Thanks for the answer, Igor.

Yes, in fact, I've been all over that guide since I first started localizing Plesk Panel 2 years ago.
The thing is, I know how the localization process works. I have my localization files as described in that guide. I see my language in the login screen and all the panel is translated in my language, I mean, everything is working just fine!

The only problem is, as I have translated every "Username" and "Password" words in all four of the localization folders in admin folder, there is no change at the login page. Just the info, warning and error messages and Retrieve Password header are reflecting the translations but all the other labels and buttons in both login_up.php3 and get_password.php pages are still in english. I think may be these labels and buttons are hard coded as english and not using any variables at all. In the past, I found some parts of the panel where there is a variable in the localization file but doesn't reflect the change when you change it. I am guessing that is a similar issue, but having that issue on the login page makes me suspicious. May be I am not doing something that I should or there is something which is not on the localization guide?

Last edited:
Does anyone have something to say about that?
In which localization file and by which variables the "Username" and "Password" words and "Login" button can be changed?

Back