• Please be aware: Kaspersky Anti-Virus has been deprecated
    With the upgrade to Plesk Obsidian 18.0.64, "Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Servers" will be automatically removed from the servers it is installed on. We recommend that you migrate to Sophos Anti-Virus for Servers.
  • The Horde webmail has been deprecated. Its complete removal is scheduled for April 2025. For details and recommended actions, see the Feature and Deprecation Plan.

Resolved Mail Name service error for one domain

kmsys

New Pleskian
Hi,
I am really desperate about a problem which has occurred since I have transferred my plesk administered server to a new one:

For other domains ongoing mails are working but for one I get this error:

The mail system

<[email protected]>: Host or domain name not found. Name service error
for name=kmsys.de.neurochirurgen.detype=AAAA: Host not found

kmsys.de is the servername and neurochirurgen.de the domain where no mails can be delivered to.

I have checked the configuration of the domain‘s nameserver, but I don’t know why kmsys.de is set here in front of the domain neurochirurgen.de

Can you help me where I can search for the error?
I have also stated in main.cf that only ipv4 should be used and don’t understand it may still use ipv6 (type=AAAA)
You need more information?

P.S.: Emails sent from another domain hosted on the server work, but not from external sources.

Incorrect MX record specified in the domain DNS settings.
Note: Make sure that A record for this MX record hostname exists too. If DNS settings are not managed by Plesk, change it on the side of the DNS hosting provider or contact their support.

Back