• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Mail User Access

G

German Wider

We urgently need the feature to allow individual mail user to login and change their mail forwarding, autoresponder and spam settings.
It's not on, that they can either access all other mail accounts in the organisation or have to bother an administrator each time they are out of the office.
Plesk 10 is a privacy nightmare! Absolutely unsuitable for business hosting.

Mail Account administration / role mail user still missing

We urgently need the feature to allow individual mail user to login and change their mail forwarding, autoresponder and spam settings.
It's not on, that they can either access all other mail accounts in the organisation or have to bother an administrator each time they are out of the office.
Plesk 10 is a privacy nightmare! Absolutely unsuitable for business hosting.

How can anyone provide businees hosting when mail account owners can´t manage their own settings, can´t even change passwords!!!!!

Please fix this flaw urgently!

All you need to do is create a new role (Mail User) - with no privileges
- add a new mail user
- assign them the role of Mail User
- fill out the rest of the form info

... and that's it. They will be able to login and manage their email account

All you need to do is create a new role (Mail User) - with no privileges
- add a new mail user
- assign them the role of Mail User
- fill out the rest of the form info

... and that's it. They will be able to login and manage their email account

That´s all??? So easy?? YOU MUST BE JOKING!!!

Who likes to create a USER ACCOUNT for every single email account only to allow email users to manage their EMAIL ACCOUNT!!!
Neither do I like walking barefeet to Rome though I know it is possbile!

Has this been resolved?

I just upgraded to v10.4 - I have 167 domains and 1150 e-mail addresses. I will move to cPanel before I go through all of them to reset each address.

This does seem to be a shortcoming that could be addressed.

I could see it done with a log in page that prompts for the email address and password. Then once authenticated, the user could be presented with the ability to update password, set/update an auto-reply, set/update forwarding and/or manage email aliases.

Bonus: Present user with a status of their quota and disk usage.

Parallels: Is there any discussion of adding this feature or something that would allow users to access email settings without being created as a panel user?

Hello.
Same problem here. Migrated over 1200 email accounts from 8.6. No users could manage their email account.
This "Really" needs to be fixed..

We found during the migration, the mail account was created, and the user account created, however..
The user account and mail account are not linked.
When looking at the domain email accounts (Subscriptions -> Mail ), the user should point to the user account.

Looking at the mail table, the column userID is "0". This should be the id of the user in the table "smb_users".

We reconnected the accounts with this script.. (Subsitute your own db library/tools)..
There is no error checking, proceed at your own risk.

Code:
$query = "SELECT mail.id as mailID, smb_users.id as newUser, mail_name, contactName , email, account_id,dom_id
          FROM mail,smb_users
          WHERE subscriptionDomainID=dom_id
           AND  mail_name=contactName";
$rows = $db->getRows( $query ) ;

for( $i=0; $i < count($rows); $i++ ) {
  $query = "UPDATE mail set userID={$rows[$i]['newUser']} WHERE mail.id={$rows[$i]['mailID']}\n";
  $r = $db->query( " $query " );
  echo "$query -- **$r**\n";
}

If I am wrong here, someone please chime in..
Hope this helps someone..

Back