• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Mailboxes between domains

Ravvar

New Pleskian
I need to implement a solution on my VPS:

- many domains, some with own hosting, some with forwardings to others
- many (main) mailboxes on one (main) domain, but I need to have posibility to indicate which of remaining domains forwards mails to coresponding main mailboxes (the same name before "@"), example:

(main domain) domain.com
- (main mailbox) admin@domain.com
- (main mailbox) tom@domain.com
- (main mailbox) sam@domain.com
(other domain) seconddomain.com
- (mail alias) admin@seconddomain.com (forwards mails to admin@domain.com)
- (mail alias) sam@seconddomain.com (forwards mails to sam@domain.com)
- (mailbox) tom@seconddomain.com (own, independed mailbox)
(other domain) thirddomain.com
- (mail alias) admin@thirddomain.com (forwards mails to admin@domain.com)
... etc.

Somethig like mail aliases but between domains (now we can create mail aliases, but in the same domain)...
Ofcourse I can do this by creating mail accounts in domain one by one without mailboxes and forwards mails to main mailboxes, but with a lot of domains and a lot of main maliboxes in main domain this is a lot of work (for example with 1 main domain with 20 mailboxes and 30 other domains it can be 20x30=600 entries in Mail section in Plesk o_O).

On one of my ordinary hosting (not VPS) a provider gives me a choice when I create a new mailbox what can be after "@" -> all my domains or one of it (choosing by dropdown menu, btw)... Can I implement similar results on VPS by Plesk "without creating 600 entries" in Mail section?

And I know, domian aliases can be solution, but domain aliases can not has own hosting, can not has own mailboxes etc, so this is not correct solution.

Thx.

Back