• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Managed or unmanaged (root) Plesk server? What would you go for as a noob?

lanix343

Basic Pleskian
Dear Pleskians,

I am a freelancer and I am hosting a few sites. So far I have been on a managed dedicated server running plesk but it is quite restricted and many things cannot be adjusted. I would like more freedom so I am thinking about switching to an unmanaged root server with root access but I don't have any Linux or SysOps Experience.

My question is that if I can get a Root Server with Debian and Plesk installed, would it be easy to run the Updates for both Plesk and the OS in order to stay secure and run the Server without any big problems or should I stick to the managed server? I do have quite some experience with Plesk.

Best
Thomas

for example:

• using litespeed as a Webserver
  • Installing Monitoring tools beyond Plesk
  • Optimizing DB & Webserver Settings
  • Bulk Changing settings etc.

using litespeed as a Webserver
Please - LiteSpeed Extension - Plesk Extensions
Installing Monitoring tools beyond Plesk
Please - Grafana - Plesk Extensions
Optimizing DB & Webserver Settings
There is a huge amount of material on this topic. Just try to search them on this forum, on the Plesk blog, in KB articles, in the official Plesk documentation, etc.
Bulk Changing settings etc.
Read official Plesk documentation about synchronization of subscriptions and service plans. Look at many bulk update scripts examples on this forum, REST and XML APIs, etc.

Back