• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Migration from Plesk 12.x to 17.x related to WSGIDaemon?

zachanthonyuk

New Pleskian
Hello,

We're in the process of migrating domains from an older Plesk 12.x installation to the latest 17.x version, and keep getting the following error:

New configuration files for the Apache web server were not created due to the errors in configuration templates: AH00112: Warning: DocumentRoot [/var/www/vhosts/[redacted]/] does not exist AH00526: Syntax error on line 32 of /mnt/volume-fra1-02/var/www/vhosts/system/[redacted]/conf/vhost.conf: Invalid command 'WSGIDaemonProcess', perhaps misspelled or defined by a module not included in the server configuration.

(I've replaced unique directory names with [redacted] for client privacy).

The first part of the error seems to refer to a bad directory name, but the one the original error lists does in fact exist (and was brought over by the migration process).

The second part of the error refers to a WSGIDaemonProcess issue. If we remove the offending line from the conf file, it does away with the error, but I'm not sure if that's going to cause a bigger issue? In searching here I've seen a note that "wsgi_daemon" module is not officially supported, but that surprises me given it was supported in the older 12.x version. If need be should we be fine to add wsgi to Apache outside of Plesk?

Thanks in advance.

Update: have learned that WSGI is required as the site in question is a Python site, and also that we can just configure it in a Docker container for the site.

So only remaining question I guess is 'why is WSGI not supported in the newer version of Plesk'?

Back