• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Mobile App, iOS, still broken

Hi @MikeO,

The Plesk Mobile is definitely not broken as I am personally using it on my iOS devices as well a lot of other customers.
So, I assume the cause could be in the server configuration.

The best way is to contact support Plesk Help Center to investigate and fix the issue finally (after two years of waiting:)).

Also, please follow the recommendations:
1. Completely re-install Plesk Mobile app and Plesk Mobile Center.
2. Make sure the API connection is not blocked by the firewall.
3. Make sure the FTP allowing connection in passive mode.
4. If you are enabled IP Access Restrictions Management (in Tools&Settings), make sure the 127.0.0.1 is added to the whitelist (it's not by default). The Plesk Mobile Center is using localhost for local API connections.

Hi @Antony,

to begin with, I would like to thank you for your assistance!

I have to state more precisly, what happens on my devices, because the app is not completely broken:

The „Domains“ part is working, besides the „Dateien“ part (i think this means „files“, my native language is, and my devices are in german).

The other parts, (Infos, Ereignisse/Events, Dienste/Services, Mehr/More) are showing up the: „Eine neue Version der Erweiterung Mobile API ist verfügbar. Es wird dringend empfohlen sie zu installieren.“ message and after i tapped install(ieren) in the Info section, the (empty) infos are showing up for a very short moment and then the above named message comes up again.

>1. Completely re-install Plesk Mobile app and Plesk Mobile Center.

Did it twice and checked before re-install, that usr/local/psa/var/modules/plesk-mobile/ is empty

>2. Make sure the API connection is not blocked by the firewall.

Currently, firewall is not installed (only fail2ban and ModSecurity)

>3. Make sure the FTP allowing connection in passive mode.

Passive Ports (at etc/proftpd.d/55-passive-ports.conf) are enabled.

>4. If you are enabled IP Access Restrictions Management (in Tools&Settings), make sure the 127.0.0.1 is added to the whitelist (it's not by default). The Plesk Mobile Center is using localhost for local API connections.t

Currently, Access Restrictions are not enabled

The only entry in /usr/local/psa/var/modules/plesk-mobile/MobileConnector.log :

May 30 11:20:28 (10189) [WARNING] [User] cli No cache database found, creating an empty one.

I have no concept, what to do now :-(

Best Regards

Mike

Hi @MikeO,

Yesterday we've published the Plesk Mobile Center 1.11 with a hotfix.

To fix the issue: please manually install the updated extension on your Plesk server, then open Plesk Mobile and click on installation suggestion once - the issue will go. Sometimes, it could require re-run or re-install the application.

Hi @Antony,

Thank you very much indeed!
Now, it‘s all working fine! (except, cause of timeout, the domain file functionality, but i don’t need this)

Best. Rgds
Mike

You can uninstall and reinstall the Plesk Mobile app. It might be the cause of the problem. Also, check if your connection is blocked by a firewall.

Back