• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

MS-Access Database 2010 Problem

B

biranl

Hi there,
I had developed my website using ASP .Net 4 using MS-Access 2010. I am using Parallels Plesk panel 9.5.5 for Windows. Unfortunately, database connection string error, error: Ace.oledb.12.0 is not install at your server. So, i referred this link http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=13255
but this is out of my control.

Please suggest me. what should i do.
Waiting your prompt.

Thank you

I don't know what Ace is but why not use Jet, i.e. "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OleDb.4.0; Data Source=|DataDirectory|/mydatabase.mdb". This assumes your database (mydatabase.mdb) is in the App_Data folder.

On a seperate note, why not use SQL Server Express?

Hi davejuk,
Thanks for reply.
MS-Access 2010 is upgraded to Ace Oledb.
Microsoft.Jet.OleDb.4.0 is a old version below MS-Access 2003.
SQL Server Express is just engine to query for database. I can't create database by Express edition.

OK I see.

To install the Access 2010 database engine, you will need to log into your server via remote desktop. If you don't have RDP access then you can ask your host to install it.

If you don't have RDP access and your host is unwilling to install it then you could always save the MDB file in Access 2007 format and use Jet, as per my previous post.

However I would strongly recommend converting your database to MSSQL. The migration tool built into Access sucks but fortunately Microsoft provide a free stand-alone migration tool: http://www.microsoft.com/sqlserver/en/us/product-info/migration-tool.aspx#Access

Thanks again davejuk,
I don't have RDP access and hosting site also not willing.
if i use "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OleDb.4.0; Data Source=|DataDirectory|/mydatabase.mdb"
may i need to configuration on hosting?

another problem on my hosting site.
i have aspx files on there and default file is defualt.aspx but there is automatically created new default.asp file what is the problem?

You can use any engine as long as it is installed. JET should be installed as standard. Which version of Windows Server are you running? Why don't you just try it? It's not much effort.

If you have another question then you should start another thread. If you don't want one of the default documents then just delete it.

Back