• Please be aware: Kaspersky Anti-Virus has been deprecated
    With the upgrade to Plesk Obsidian 18.0.64, "Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Servers" will be automatically removed from the servers it is installed on. We recommend that you migrate to Sophos Anti-Virus for Servers.
  • The Horde webmail has been deprecated. Its complete removal is scheduled for April 2025. For details and recommended actions, see the Feature and Deprecation Plan.

Question mysql_native_password to caching_sha2_password for database user

Nicola

Basic Pleskian
Server operating system version
Almalinux 8
Plesk version and microupdate number
18.0.62 #2
Hello,
in the database logs I find this warning. In fact when I create users from the plesk interface I can't choose the password saving method and the passwords are stored with "mysql_native_password". I would like the "caching_sha2_password" plugin to be used by default but I can't do this from plesk. Is there a solution other than making the change directly in the database?

Code:
2024-07-01T09:09:36.008844Z 35365 [Warning] [MY-013360] [Server] Plugin mysql_native_password reported: ''mysql_native_password' is deprecated and will be removed in a future release. Please use caching_sha2_password instead'

also i see plesk database users are using this plugin too, how can i update password saving method without breaking plesk?

Immagine 2024-07-31 135949.png

thanks a lot

I correct what I wrote, new users created are activated correctly. However, the problem remains for plesk users

Back