• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Need to change a single roundcube redirect from webmail to something else

electricd7

New Pleskian
Hello,

I have an existing transfer customer that already has a redirect at webmail.domain.com which forwards their users to their Exchange OWA. I need to replicate that change in the new Plesk setup. This would be very straightfoward by simply creating a forward for this subdomain, except we have RoundCube for webmail installed so anything pointed towards webmail.domain.com automatically brings you to the roundcube login. I have been searching around and it appears that there are roundcube config files at /etc/nginx/plesk.conf.d/webmails/ for each of my vhosts. I would think I could edit these as they spell out the redirects as follows"

server {
listen 11.111.111.111:80;
server_name "webmail.domain.com";

client_max_body_size 128m;

location / {
proxy_pass http://11.111.111.111:7080;
proxy_set_header Host $host;
proxy_set_header X-Real-IP $remote_addr;
proxy_set_header X-Forwarded-For $proxy_add_x_forwarded_for;
}

So I did some searching and found that these files are generated by a file at "/usr/local/psa/admin/conf/templates/default/webmail/nginxWebmailPartial.php". I was able to change this file and reset the reference from "webmail" to "mywebmail". This works (after reboot), but the issue is that it affects EVERY domain on the server and I only want to make this change for a single domain. How can I go about this and change only a single domain instead of all?

Last edited:
Are you able to change the URL for their OWA?

If so, you could then setup this as an additional webmail platform in Plesk and assign it to their domain. You'll want to to disable the "Ability to change mail settings" for each subscription though so other users don't see it.

Definitely a hack-worthy suggestion.

Back