• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Contribution .NET applications support on Plesk for Linux - beta version is available!

@Anthony, I have some problems with the restart button, it doesn't seems to work properly.
I need to disable the application and then enable it again to apply the changes :(

As a suggestion, I have an automatic pipeline that compile the app and upload it using ftp, but I need to manualy restart the application to apply changes.
It would be great to have some automatic restart when the application startup file is updated for example.

But for the rest .NET Toolkit is a great feature and it works well. I love the logs integration, great job!
Thank you for the feedback.

Are you using an FTP for a purpose?
In the case of using the Git extension, you can already set up the Git actions in Plesk to deploy changes during pull data.

> I have some problems with the restart button, it doesn't seems to work properly.
> I need to disable the application and then enable it again to apply the changes

Do you host your own developed application, or it's some known one (based on CMS like Blazer, etc etc.). I'm asking if we can test it on our side.

Thank you for the feedback.

In the case of using the Git extension, you can already set up the Git actions in Plesk to deploy changes during pull data.

> I have some problems with the restart button, it doesn't seems to work properly.
> I need to disable the application and then enable it again to apply the changes

Do you host your own developed application, or it's some known one (based on CMS like Blazer, etc etc.). I'm asking if we can test it on our side.

I didn't know this extension, I will take a look, thanks!

Do you host your own developed application, or it's some known one (based on CMS like Blazer, etc etc.). I'm asking if we can test it on our side

Yes, this is my own developed application.
This is a Blazor WebAssembly app with .NET 6

Well, I think the best way to identify the issue is to open a ticket to Plesk support https://support.plesk.com/hc/en-us

Or you can try to troubleshoot it using f.e. this article Restarting applications - Apache - Passenger Library
I've tried to use the command passenger-config restart-app and to add/edit the file restart.txt in the tmp folder from article Restarting applications - Apache - Passenger Library and both methods are working correctly. But the restart button still doesn´t work... I will open an issue, thanks @Anthony!

Anyway I will use the restart.txt method, it feats perfectly my needs :D

Hi, I have the same problems, I can't restart the app through the restart button, and in my case the "touch tmp/restart.txt" is not working. The only thing that is restarting the app is disable the app and active again. Is weird because "touch tmp/restart.txt" is working for me for node applications but not for .net.

In my case im exposing a web api.

Could you switch on verbose logging in /usr/local/psa/admin/conf/panel.ini
[log]
priority = 7
and check or provide the results of execution of the commands passenger-config-proxy and passenger-status-proxy in /var/log/plesk/panel.log?

I've tried to use the command passenger-config restart-app and to add/edit the file restart.txt in the tmp folder from article Restarting applications - Apache - Passenger Library and both methods are working correctly. But the restart button still doesn´t work... I will open an issue, thanks @Anthony!

Anyway I will use the restart.txt method, it feats perfectly my needs :D

@blademsr

In a previous post, you stated

As a suggestion, I have an automatic pipeline that compile the app and upload it using ftp, but I need to manualy restart the application to apply changes.
It would be great to have some automatic restart when the application startup file is updated for example.

and I think that you should use a different perspective here, being that you first compile the application, then stop the application and upload the (newly) compiled application, followed by a start of the (new) application.

In essence, you are not restarting an application, you are starting a newly compiled application .......

In theory, uploading the (newly) compiled application should not require any Passenger restart, but it does : Passenger uses "blocking restarts" by default.

Any blocking restart is equivalent to a shutdown of processes, followed by newly spawned processes.

Now, if you are restarting the (old) application, Passenger will naturally (re-)spawn processes for the (old) application ...... with some potential delay.

If you do not encounter issues, then the (potential) delay has been large enough to upload your (new) application in time ..... even though this sounds good, it is not : it is an indication that you have very busy "server", causing delays in process spawning.

If you do encounter issues, then the (potential) delay is virtually absent ....... and the delay is not sufficient enough to upload your (new) application in time : Passenger can or will get confused and spawn some kind of problematic process.

In short, to prevent any issues of any kind, just use a "workaround" (as mentioned by @Anthony) and to make sure that all issues are prevented, just stop the (old) application before uploading the (new) application.

By the way, Passenger Enterprise does allow for rolling restarts, but that can cause even more strange behavior.

Kind regards.....

Hi, I have the same problems, I can't restart the app through the restart button, and in my case the "touch tmp/restart.txt" is not working. The only thing that is restarting the app is disable the app and active again. Is weird because "touch tmp/restart.txt" is working for me for node applications but not for .net.

In my case im exposing a web api.
@wijan

Please read my previous post and the "natural" behavior of Passenger "blocking restarts".

In your case, the issues might be explained by (1) the number of (node or .net) applications, hence causing delays when spawning new processes and (2) the .net associated behavior of loading libraries first, which can take some time (and certainly in a Passenger environment).

I can safely assume that you can find some information about "time to restart" in the logs, so you will have to look for delays in those logs.

Kind regards....

Back